Quantcast

how to stop bleeding?

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
so i cut my finger with a xacto knife. it stops bleeding only when i put a rubber band on... cant do that long, obviously.

yes, i will go to ER if needed, but...

ideas?

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
Direct pressure, elevation, stop moving and lower your heart rate, apply pressure to the artery on the inside of your upper arm to reduce blood pressure in that hand.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
How long has it been bleeding? If direct pressure isn't stopping the flow after a minute or two, you may need a couple of stitches. I've cut myself with Xactos a handful of times, and ended up getting stitches each time...buggers are sharp!

Or you could pretend you're in an Xtreme! adventure race and just hit it with a couple of drops of superglue.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
How long has it been bleeding? If direct pressure isn't stopping the flow after a minute or two, you may need a couple of stitches. I've cut myself with Xactos a handful of times, and ended up getting stitches each time...buggers are sharp!

Or you could pretend you're in an Xtreme! adventure race and just hit it with a couple of drops of superglue.
I've superglued myself back together a few times, I'm a bleeder. I tight bandaid will do wonders for a cut finger.

Make sure to bleed into some kind of container for later. Add a little rue, it makes great gravy.

BKnight

Chimp
Nov 15, 2006
Reno
supper simple, turn your iron on, and coterize it :D

for finger cuts what i find works best, and on a lot of other cuts, is duct tape, just take some off, and slap it on there with a mild a mount of preasure, works like a charm. but just apply preasure and it will stop, some times it takes a little longer

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Just put your finger on the stove.
Or rub some beer on it. I find that normally helps

SXtrailrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
get a knife with a fat blade, heat it up over a fire and push down on the area with the hot knife that is bleeding. this will cauterize it, if it is is a slice, that doesn't look so bad, you could get crazy glue and stick the skin together it works just as good as stitches. my dad is is a Dermatologist trust.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Hmm, it's been more than 30 minutes.
yeah, we went to the ER... the experienced nurse had trouble getting it to stop bleeding, so I guess going was smart. Especially since my woman would've been pissed if I made the decision to go at 2am.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Is the knee pic from your surgury? You know the only reason why they staples the two small incisions is so they could charge you $300/staple.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Is the knee pic from your surgury? You know the only reason why they staples the two small incisions is so they could charge you $300/staple.
yeah, one year ago next week.

They didn't charge "me" :happydance: but that's absurd and i can see why our system is screwed up.