Quantcast

How to piss off your date

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
take her out street racing and stuff it into a tree

3000gt and a Mustang were "speeding" on hwy 35, the 3000 crossed the double yellow went onto left shoulder over corrected to the right crossed both lanes went onto right shoulder overcorrected left and spun hitting the tree going backwards. "Date" impacted "B" pillar hard and was taken to a trauma center. 300' of skid marks

of course in retrospect if they had not hit the tree they would have gone flipping down the mountainside :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Fvck the tree. If that sap hadn't interfered, then Darwin could've worked his magic. That tree needs to leaf.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
you guys are a bunch of insensitive pricks. Sure, they were street racing, but someone still got hurt. What if it was your friend? or your daughter? would you still be singing the same tune?

What if you fell off your bike, tumbled down a mountain, and ended up in a trauma center? Riding your bike on mountains is pretty stupid, but yet, we all do it. Do we deserve it as well?

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
you guys are a bunch of insensitive pricks. Sure, they were street racing, but someone still got hurt. What if it was your friend? or your daughter? would you still be singing the same tune?

What if you fell off your bike, tumbled down a mountain, and ended up in a trauma center? Riding your bike on mountains is pretty stupid, but yet, we all do it. Do we deserve it as well?
Come on. When I am riding my bike down the mountain pretty much the only injury I am risking is to myself. If I get hurt, yes, chances are good I deserve it. Asshats who race on public roads risk the lives of everyone around them - especially pedestrians, cyclists, and everyone else not in a cage. So yes, they deserve what they get. It sucks if the passenger didn't want to be racing, but we don't know if she encouraged it or not.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Hey, my friend died last year in the passenger seat of a WRX hauling around at 2am.

It was very sad, and I would not appreciate it if someone made fun of it.

But these people lived, and they get to enjoy the comments their friends and family will make.

My friend does not have that opportunity.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Does it make a difference to ABS brakes whether you're going forward or backward?

Driving like an ass on a date is rarely a good thing, but maybe I've just dated the "wrong" chicks.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
they started going sideways in the dirt on the right hand shoulder and slid sideways down the road until the front end caught the dirt on the left shoulder and spun the rear end into the tree....they had some speed going when they lost control

abs doesn't make a difference going sideways but side curtain airbags do when you hit something

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL

Thanks for ruining it... thought I woke up and it was suddenly friday.

Crumudgen...

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Yo Eric,

can we get an update of what the kid looks like after the girls father gets a hold of him...?

my guess is his face will look a little like that rear quarter on the 3000!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
If the driver is street racing, it's not hard to get them to back down as a passenger. It they don't when asked politely, just call the cops. Sure fire way to get them ot slow down.
If the passenger doesn't want the driver to drive that way it's not hard to correct the situation, or get out.
Yeah she wasn't driving but I have no pity.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Simple... pump the brakes.

When anti-locks came out, all the old-timers who pumped their brakes in wet conditions did that and fvcked up the anti-lock's system.
Most folks have no idea what is going on when ABS activates for the first time. My wife pulled over to the side of the road thinking the brakes had gone south on her.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Wow. What is wrong with you? :disgust1:
As a roadie in Orange County, there are a few groups of people that I constantly have to be on the lookout for.

The textbook DWA, as referenced above.
Soccer moms. They're more interested in the safety of their kids than of everyone else.
Coke-addicted businessmen. "I am important. You are nothing."
Jailbait. 16yo girls are notoriously bad drivers.
8 mile. White rappers who drive like fvckin' idiots.
Seizure World. Nuff said.