Quantcast

How do i enter 2012 urban downhill in Chile?????

vinceguy

Chimp
Jan 15, 2012
Hello all--- Im due for an adventure and i really want to take on this course next month. Does anyone know if the race is open to the public and if so how I would go about registering? I've located a website for the 2011 race and emailed someone but doubt i'll get a response. I plan on flying down there a few days before the event with my bike hoping to enter but i guess i could settle as a spectator if things dont work out. Any help would be great.

Carnaza

Monkey
Aug 10, 2006
Santiago, Chile
As far as I remember it's a invitation only race. But try to contact VITOX (here
In ridemonkey), he's the man you'll have to talk with...

That rule is way more flexible for elite/pro non Chilean riders, just get in touch with him.

Cheers

Gunner

Monkey
May 6, 2003
Framingham, MA
I can't answer your question on entry, but i'll be there filming and I'm off-the-wall pumped to make it back again. Hands down one of the craziest bike events I've ever been to.

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
Having done the race 3 times I can say it is an awesome event.

The track is pretty gnarly. Big blind jumps and gaps and super steep and fast in spots. Not for the faint of heart.

It is invite only/Pro only event, but if you hold a UCI Elite license send the organizer and email and see if there is room.

vinceguy

Chimp
Jan 15, 2012
thanks for the replys. The email has been sent. I didn't even consider the jug and buns factor. It will be an experience regardless if I race or not.

Gunner

Monkey
May 6, 2003
Framingham, MA
If you race or not make sure you drink a heap of pisco

ugh pisco, that did me in MANY a night in Valpo. Coincidentally, the day before the HUGE earthquake 2 years ago, we all had drinks called "Terremotto' which is apparently Spanish for earthquake. I never thought it was possible to have a hangover the SAME day you drink. I was wrong.

vinceguy

Chimp
Jan 15, 2012
no dice, pros only. Now I need to either go pro in the next month or hijack the course in a fiery blaze of talent. I've been practicing mutiple staircase decents for some time now and i'm not going to let that skill go to waste. Wish me luck---Jugs and buns to the best man!!

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
Pisco hangover today, honestly the worst thing I have done in a long time, I was drinking it straight last night.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I just got back from Chile yesterday... missin' it already. When I was there we went for a walk on those cerros, and I have to say, the videos and pictures do the steepness no justice. it is absolutely fricken' insane. I couldn't believe it when i saw it. i'm looking forward to watching it again this year, and hopefully make it out to spectate some day.

on another note, I was in the "Lakes" region when down there, in Pucon. I hooked up with a tour outfit while down there for an afternoon of riding down a volcanoe. so fricken awesome. the riding in Chile is awesome, and I saw barely a tiny bit of what's on offer. and that place has so much more potential it's ludicrous...

hooking up with local riders was easy too... I spotted a dude wearing 5.10s on the plane, asked him if he rode, and that was that!

anyways, i highly recommend it to anyone thinking of going...

madridg

Chimp
Aug 16, 2010
Sick video and race, the high speed stairs that never end and the blind drops look gnarly ON VIDEO, the actual race must be crazy

Feb 10, 2003
A, A
oh the gringos and our earthquake inducing drinking habits..
ugh pisco, that did me in MANY a night in Valpo. Coincidentally, the day before the HUGE earthquake 2 years ago, we all had drinks called "Terremotto' which is apparently Spanish for earthquake. I never thought it was possible to have a hangover the SAME day you drink. I was wrong.