Quantcast

@?@ hotter than hell saturd GMT @?@

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
due to the heat shoe start was moved up to 7 am. It's going to be 103 and with the heat index it will hit 110 fuck this shit

Had food now consuming coffee. I have 20 minutes to get my ass over to the med tent by 6am

Last edited:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Yo!

Took back my death trap Harbor Freight jack stands and used the money to acquire a cordless inflator, hackzall, and some additional tool batteries. Sounds like a win to me.

Otherwise, not much on the schedule today. 99% of the way through our taxes, and of course the single thing the wife has in her name she deleted. :twitch:

:wave: Rain, which pleases me.
Jealous. I was hoping we'd get walloped by the storm.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I am working 7-5 today and tomorrow. So rain does not excite me, no

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
A pleasant 60 freedums outside right now, we shall ride before it warms too much.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hola, tacoritas! I ran 5 miles at the high school track. Hot and humid but I've run in worse. I'll pedal a bike at some point today. I went to the grocery store for the first time in four months and it was nice to see every single person in the store had a mask on. #soproud

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
what day is it?
having our first COVID scare this weekend. Lets hope everyone's results are negatory good buddy.
im gonna go make tacos

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. All the women folk are currently at the pool, which is where I am supposed to be. We changed that plan because a drywall contractor was supposed to be here to fix the fuck ups for the prior guys. But... The drywall contractor didn't show this am. I'm about an ass hair away from sitting out in the garage and learning how to properly do knockdown on all of my spare drywall.

Wifey painted her office yesterday and the edges are... I'll say "not good". So I'll be spending a chunk of today pulling tape and repainting ceiling edges. The office desk painting and baseboard install has been accelerated. I got what I need to make a demo cabinet door for her which was my initial plan today but that has now been slammed into hold. Giddy.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Yo!

Took back my death trap Harbor Freight jack stands and used the money to acquire a cordless inflator, hackzall, and some additional tool batteries. Sounds like a win to me.

I have a pair of those (6 tons) sitting in my garage as well....Mark bought them to use when we lifted his Jeep and let me keep them. Might have to make a trip today and go on a shopping spree.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Here. All the women folk are currently at the pool, which is where I am supposed to be. We changed that plan because a drywall contractor was supposed to be here to fix the fuck ups for the prior guys. But... The drywall contractor didn't show this am. I'm about an ass hair away from sitting out in the garage and learning how to properly do knockdown on all of my spare drywall.

Wifey painted her office yesterday and the edges are... I'll say "not good". So I'll be spending a chunk of today pulling tape and repainting ceiling edges. The office desk painting and baseboard install has been accelerated. I got what I need to make a demo cabinet door for her which was my initial plan today but that has now been slammed into hold. Giddy.
Plastering drywall is the most obnoxious task of home remodeling.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I have a pair of those (6 tons) sitting in my garage as well....Mark bought them to use when we lifted his Jeep and let me keep them. Might have to make a trip today and go on a shopping spree.
Cash back or store credit, in case you wanna buy a pair that won't fail and leave you looking like the wicked witch of the west.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Sweaty balls hot and humid, on my second beer already while working in the yard. I am watching towering clouds traveling at incredible speed. We could use some rain now, trails are dusty.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here's a new one. Drywall guy came by to apologize for being late and not being able to do the work today. Rescheduled for Monday am. I've never had someone come by and apologize.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
i had 2 left...drinking them now while putting up new light fixtures on the front of the house. will rectify lack of additional beers soon. also balls hot here.

not as impressive, but here are some crappy before and after pics of recent porch steps re-do. left basic structure in place but replaced all boards and railings. the before pic doesn't quite capture how warped/split/mildewed it was.
1594493254076.jpeg

1594493293414.jpeg

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
But why? Horse hair plaster is way superior to modern drywalls.
I've kept most of it in the other rooms cause it was in pretty good condition. The living room had been transformed into a bedroom and many part of it was damaged or missing. Also wanted to soundproof the ceiling since it was a duplex with an apartment above.

With this I got all levels of shittiness.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Got the first rain in a couple of weeks last night and this morning.
Cloud has now burned off and the temp is starting back up, but it will only be a heat index of 91 today, much better than the 102-108 it has been for the last week. ....and who says Canukistan is a frozen wasteland.
(we have been running a daily high of 31-33 with a humidex of 40-42)

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Got the first rain in a couple of weeks last night and this morning.
Cloud has now burned off and the temp is starting back up, but it will only be a heat index of 91 today, much better than the 102-108 it has been for the last week. ....and who says Canukistan is a frozen wasteland.
(we have been running a daily high of 31-33 with a humidex of 40-42)
Got absolutely DUMPED on with rain on the chairlift at horseshoe.

Temps sure are cooler now.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Trampoline assembled. Now I guess I should get a tramp stamp to immortalize my accomplishment
ftfy :D

i assume it has a net around the outside? our 10yo got motivated this spring and taught himself backflips, frontflips, and both with twists. we signed him up for diving camp next week. :rofl: