Quantcast

hood race practice report

elRey

Turbo Monkey
Those trails are sooo dry. Wow. It's like Willamette Pass. It was like 90 degrees up there today. And the lift lines in the morning sucked. Making us in the same line as the non mtn bikers. psh. Whatev. Looks like a lot of people are racing tomorrow. Good luck all.:)

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I sandbagged and did worse! I spent last weekend doing some practice runs and got the hell beat outta me on Cannonball. So I wussed out and bumped down and ended up doing worse than the last race.

Man, live and learn I guess. I'll stick to Sport and just get beat up, but at least the course is funner. Not sure if I'll make Willamette Pass next weekend though.

SteezyWeezy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2006
portland, oregon
haha, you bumped to beginner and got whipped, lol. it was my forst race, so i started in beginner and ended up winning by like 20 sec, it was a good time

boone

Monkey
Jun 27, 2005
SteezyWeezy said:
haha, you bumped to beginner and got whipped, lol. it was my forst race, so i started in beginner and ended up winning by like 20 sec, it was a good time

Wow....talk about sand bagger :) heeheheheh
I pretty sure you would whoop my ass in sport also.
Looks like your gonna move up fast.

SteezyWeezy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2006
portland, oregon
the sport 15-18 got sandbagged by a douche from washington, he won by like 40 seconds, and he was running the expert course durring practice, tell em elray, lol. but anyway, it was my first race, and i was on my friend's bike that is set up for a rider that is about 45 pounds heavier than me, so it was a little stiff, but ill race sport next race, i hope to see you there!

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
jimmydean said:
I sandbagged and did worse! I spent last weekend doing some practice runs and got the hell beat outta me on Cannonball. So I wussed out and bumped down and ended up doing worse than the last race.

Man, live and learn I guess. I'll stick to Sport and just get beat up, but at least the course is funner. Not sure if I'll make Willamette Pass next weekend though.
Wait.....you raced beginner?

Have you raced at Willamette before? The course is longer there.

elRey

Turbo Monkey
SteezyWeezy said:
the sport 15-18 got sandbagged by a douche from washington, he won by like 40 seconds, and he was running the expert course durring practice, tell em elray, lol. but anyway, it was my first race, and i was on my friend's bike that is set up for a rider that is about 45 pounds heavier than me, so it was a little stiff, but ill race sport next race, i hope to see you there!
yeah, that was lame.

I still would have lost anyway, just not as bad.:rolleyes:

That kid got like a 5:18. That's so frikkin insane.:hot:

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Here's a few photos I took down at the finish....I was in pretty bad shape after my crash off the the final drop at Deer Valley on Saturday...so no racy racy for me...or walky walky really...so that's the reason for the one location photos....sigh....

Anthony Brownrigg pinnin' it for the Elite win by 17 seconds!!!

Some guy...

John of Project 529 on his way to winning the Beginner Open Cat:

Dan Saimo blowing by his competition for the win in the Sport 40+ Cat:

That's all the decent ones I got.....

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Snacks said:
Wait.....you raced beginner?

Have you raced at Willamette before? The course is longer there.
I have been getting my ass kicked on Cannonball every time I ran it, so I figured it might be a good idea. Man, was I wrong! I did better in Sport, so I won't be doing that again. The beg course sucked, I didn't know it was 50% road. It wasn't even worth the trip, but I learned.

I haven't ridden Willamette Pass. I am trying to schedule work so I can race next weekend, but I won't know until Thursday if I even can.

I got a list of crap from my friends for droping, I should have known better. :D

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
SteezyWeezy said:
It was my third race and I will race Sport from now on. WHen I saw a 7 year old was running the same course, I knew I had made a mistake.