Quantcast

Hobby Park Dual

Mikedsx

Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
NC
Aug 22nd, Practice 8-11am, Qualifying @ 11:00am. Prizes 4 deep in each category. Medals 3 deep. All the usual classes including Pro. I'll try to get some course pics posted later this week. Don't forget the Maxxis Series race in Charlotte on Aug 21st. only 1hr 15mins away. For more info go to paulsracing.com.

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
Hey Mike, any changes to the DS course? Did you fix that step up?
Also, will there be the official Maxxis Ghetto Gate or will we do foot down starts?

Mikedsx

Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
NC
there will be an official ghetto gate, as soon as I build it. I hope the step up is ok.

Mikedsx

Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
NC
yep, the course is to the right. I hope to build the start gate on weds and then all the big stuff will be done :) .

hurley64

Chimp
Sep 4, 2003
Is this course rideable now? Was thinking about heading up their to check it out and get some practice on it.

John

Mikedsx

Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
NC
Yes definitely rideable. Some parts are soft and dusty due to lack of rain, but it looks like that will be taken care of this weekend. The start gate should be ready by the weekend also.

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
Just a couple of comments about the gate.

It will be virtually impossible to balance on it if the ground is level behind it and if the gate is pointing straight up.

Mikedsx

Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
NC
Thanks Peete. I'll try to build up the back. I've got to move some dirt to fix erosion from the storm. So far it's not too bad. Hopefully it will survive Charley :angry: . When I wished for rain this is not what I meant. :)

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
sweet! gate looks nice mike. don't listen to peete about the gate though...it's not like he's a BMX groupie or something;)

the pics don't really do it justice.

mike...are we gonna have to stay in one lane the whole time or is it gonna be open format once out of the woods? it'll be nearly impossible for some of us to stay in one lane after practicing it w/out lane preference for so long :dead:

here's an action pic of the jump out of the woods...to give it some perspective. it's been tweaked a little bit since this pic was taken but not much.

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
manimal said:
mike...are we gonna have to stay in one lane the whole time or is it gonna be open format once out of the woods? it'll be nearly impossible for some of us to stay in one lane after practicing it w/out lane preference for so long :dead:
Suck it up Tubs. It's not like we're racing for donuts. :oink:

BMX groupie? Well some of the elite women are hot. :heart:

The only time I look forward to Monday is if we are going to a BMX national.
Much different atmosphere than an MTB race.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Peete said:
Much different atmosphere than an MTB race.

:D yeah....much fewer mullets and pink pants at the mtb races :D

is your oldest son gonna spank up on the DS course this time?

i wanna get w/ you at hobby and ask you a few questions about the BMX thing. gonna get my son racing next season....he's finally figured out how to pull up when jumping now and he's actually getting off the ground on some of the small jumps i'm building him. i think he'll be ready for the 4-5 yr olds next year.

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
manimal said:
:D yeah....much fewer mullets and pink pants at the mtb races :D

is your oldest son gonna spank up on the DS course this time?

i wanna get w/ you at hobby and ask you a few questions about the BMX thing. gonna get my son racing next season....he's finally figured out how to pull up when jumping now and he's actually getting off the ground on some of the small jumps i'm building him. i think he'll be ready for the 4-5 yr olds next year.
Peter is so full of himself he wants to race SrX DH on his hardtail.

That's great news about your son.
I have a frame and some parts you might be interested in. Let me know what size clothes he wears, we might have some of Adam's hand me downs he can have.
Also if you plan on "fitting in" with the rest of the BMX dads I can loan you one of my wife beaters with spaghetti stain and an ABA hat to wear to NBL races and an NBL hat to wear to ABA races.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
went and rode some today....it was dry enough to ride but still damp enough to make it hard to maintain speed. joe and JD did some good work out there, smoothing out the 4-pack and adding some dirt to the double in the woods. thanks :thumb: