Quantcast

Hittin' mainstream?

BuddhaRoadkill

I suck at Tool
Feb 15, 2004
Chintimini Bog
"It's really turned out to be kind of like bowling was years ago," Petro says. "We've got lots of people who show up after work, and they ride with their friends and then they go out and have a couple of beers and go home to their families."
ouch.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
It has seemed mainstream to me for a few years now?
Nothing like back in the early ninetys when if you mentioned mountain bikeing people would say "what's that?"

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
No way man. I only do this because it's "core". If every asshat starts riding bikes I won't be cooler than them anymore.

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
I've felt it's been mainstream for years. You can go into any sporting goods store and pick up an mtb. It's sometime's frustrating to see the trails as crowded as they are, but there are other trails that take a 'little' skill to ride that stay almost empty on the weekends. That's where you'll find me.

J

JRB

Echo said:
No way man. I only do this because it's "core". If every asshat starts riding bikes I won't be cooler than them anymore.
:think:

splat

Nam I am
Hey , have all the rich yuppies go out and Buy XTR/X-0 equipped bikes, then when they either fall and hurt them selvs , or don't like getting dirty, the bike sits in the basement/garage for a couple of years then they decided they need the space and sell it to me Cheap :D

J

JRB

Bring on the mainstream. The more people, the more advocacy. That's pretty simple to realize.

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
splat said:
Hey , have all the rich yuppies go out and Buy XTR/X-0 equipped bikes, then when they either fall and hurt them selvs , or don't like getting dirty, the bike sits in the basement/garage for a couple of years then they decided they need the space and sell it to me Cheap :D

I like passing the said Yuppies while they are all decked out in Armour on their 6" travel bikes, and seeing their expression as I smoke them on my singlespeed.....