Quantcast

hill to ride demo8s?

redride

Monkey
Sep 23, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
ok. i am probably going to get hammered for this post but hear me out...

is this true? If yes, then i should hold off selling my demo8 till he comes on board... the fans boys will be clamouring all over it.... hahaha...

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Want an even better rumor? A DW-Link DH bike may make 2 seperate appearances at Interbike.

A little birdie told me a big company is debuting a new bike at Interbike that wasn't shown at Eurobike. I just threw in the DW Link part b/c it's that much juicier.

Oh...and mad props to my boy Dave, who will be there debuting his new design. www.oneghostindustries.com :rockout:

stumpjump

Monkey
Sep 14, 2007
DC
There is no way that he will be riding your standard demo 8 rig when we is use to the geometry of the Sunday. I am sure that Spec would be able to give him something steez. In the end, who cares, Sam Hill will continue to be fast and bike companies will continue to make bikes.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I think its interesting. Yes, I said I want to know what Sam rides next year. Last year not so much but this year with Freecaster putting the WC and Worlds live in front of me I love watching racing just like I loved it in the 90s when it was on Eurosport.

Sam is one of the best riders but looking back at the season it looks like a good team more and more can play a part too. On top of that having Trek and Specialized making an even larger commitment to the DH WC is extra good news which should give us even better racing next year.

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)
Want an even better rumor? A DW-Link DH bike may make 2 seperate appearances at Interbike.

A little birdie told me a big company is debuting a new bike at Interbike that wasn't shown at Eurobike. I just threw in the DW Link part b/c it's that much juicier.

Oh...and mad props to my boy Dave, who will be there debuting his new design. www.oneghostindustries.com :rockout:
its not funny, it is indeed true. a very reputable source told me the day the DW turner bike was unleashed he said and i quote " ah, so the first one has been revealed, look for pictures from interbike eren, youll love them"

im excited to see the other

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
There is no way that he will be riding your standard demo 8 rig when we is use to the geometry of the Sunday. I am sure that Spec would be able to give him something steez. In the end, who cares, Sam Hill will continue to be fast and bike companies will continue to make bikes.
yea i read on the nsmb article it was rumored he rode a special "sam tuned/geometry" specialized in pemberton for a little testing around crankworx

EDIT:

I heard from reliable sources that Sam Hill had been having high level talks with Specialized for 2009. There's no question that Iron Horse is out of the game so he's certainly looking. The rumours hit Freecaster this weekend so I guess I can let the cat out of the bag as well. Apparently Specialized has already produced some prototype frames aimed at Sam's geometry preferences and the word is he even rode them after Crankworx in Pemberton. That's what came out of the rumour mill anyway and there certainly hasn't been anything confirmed officially. We'll likely hear officialy news after Interbike.

copy pasted from NSMB.com

EDIT EDIT:

Last edited:

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
rizal, you will never be able to sell the demo, you love it too much. :p

well, thats until you get a ride on the legend. hahaha.

goreng goreng goreng!!!

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
yup. Weagle himself told everybody at the US Open that there were TWO dw-link dh bikes coming out this year, so I took creative rumor license and gave it more life. :thumb:

And dam you sandwich for making me have to google that phrase :shakefist:

Sep 10, 2008
i`ve been riding turners since 1996 and i will have a new d-w 5 spot to replace my old 1998 rfx (still going strong love this bike) but sorry new dhr is a mess , i have just sold my ironhorse sunday as stopped racing but if i had to go for a dh bike it would still be a sunday after all it looks like a bike it`s a real same as i love turners but there is just to much **** going on how much mud do u wont to carry with u down that hill

illu

Chimp
Dec 14, 2007
yup. Weagle himself told everybody at the US Open that there were TWO dw-link dh bikes coming out this year, so I took creative rumor license and gave it more life. :thumb:

And dam you sandwich for making me have to google that phrase :shakefist:
I hate these gossip-threads but arent those two Turner and Ibis?

brian field

Monkey
Feb 5, 2007
See you in Vegas!

Interbike is just around the corner! Stay tuned to www.pivotcycles.com. We will launch our updated site September 22 and you might just see something new from the Pivot crew.

Maybe, pivot DW-Dh Bike...

redride

Monkey
Sep 23, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
hmm... the drawing looks interesting and yes, it does look alot like the new 09 SX trail...
which i dont really like tho' on pure looks alone that is...

Orfen

Monkey
Feb 22, 2004
UP, michigan

instead of spending time creating dumb rumors maybe you should get out and spend more time on your bike. :plthumbsdown:

Dave made it clear that there would be ONE dw*link DH bike and the cat is already out of the bag for that one.

Velonews needs to stick to roadie coverage...

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
instead of spending time creating dumb rumors maybe you should get out and spend more time on your bike. :plthumbsdown:

Dave made it clear that there would be ONE dw*link DH bike and the cat is already out of the bag for that one.

he said there would be at least one. there are in fact 2. wait a week and you will see :pirate2:

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey

What Butch posted was all in good fun - just a lil' something to get things going, but not too over the edge...

You remember fun, don't you? He used to hand out with exhilaration and joy. They grew up together in the same hood'.

NateH

Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
There is another, it will be sweet, we will all want it and it will have a very slack head angle.