Quantcast

***Hill Climb Sunday GMT***

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
up in time for the gym. then liege waffles and pistachio lattes with my bestie for her bday.

a little more time is needed to get the MacBook up and running. looks like i recovered all my data from the crashing Mac Mini. once i swapped out the RAM everything behaved. now i have all the apples. mini, book, pad, phone. i can do so much nothing at once, very fast.

looks like the trip to Helsinki, Stockholm, and Oslo is really gonna happen. gonna book the flights soon. but what will i wear?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Brother in law flying in to visit today. Elder kid still sick. I was in her room probably a dozen times last night. Often she just wanted a hug, to tell me she felt gross, and would then go back to sleep.

Last edited:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
That right there is gonna be a fun trip. I presume you're ferry-ing a good portion of it?

Might I suggest for attire:

flying to Hell-stinky to meet my Finn friend (guitarist i've worked with on some projects). ferry to Stockholm. I think he suggested a train to Oslo. Then back to home.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
This morning a friend of mine and I visited a u-pick blueberry farm another friend runs. We pulled off 4 gallon bags worth before the heat took its toll. .

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
fucking awesome 26 mile ride in the hills. 76*; low humidity; rugged, remote trails; prolly 5500' elevation loss (4000' climbing thanks to a shuttle to start). founders beers at friend's cabin to cap it off.

bike definitely needs some maintenance/love. but for now, vegetating on the porch with a burger and moar beer.

i need more days like this.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Friend of mine happened to also be in Nagoya on Saturday. We drank a lot and laughed at how weird shit is here. Went to the local Toyota museum. What passes for interesting in this part of the world just boggles my mind. Significant effort was put into a display on storm drains and concrete roof tiles on the Toyota plant. Mocking of such displays usually caused some museum working to think we were really interested and would come over and give us a long description of said displays, of which we did not understand a single word. The highlight of the visit was a very enthusiastic 15 minute demonstration on how car horns work. It was impossible to keep a straight face and really hard to not laugh out loud. That being said, I hope this place never changes, at least that spell check never catches on.

$150/lb

I need one of these in my back yard.

Last edited:

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Had an absolutely incredible meal at a French restaurant in Tel Aviv last night (featuring mussels and a pork chop and presumably a shitload of butter).