Quantcast

hfx comp= mag body?

slcpunk21

BS is not a bitch.
Feb 14, 2003
finally transplanted
Hey I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this, but as I have never had an hfx comp lever apart.... are the bodies interchangable?

I broke a lever and honestly, i like the feel of the hfx plastic body more than the mag body! ( I know I'm nuts.. anyways) Just outa curiosity does anyone know if they are the same body and will work with eachother.... my girl has the mags and if I may order some extra bodies in the hfx version so incase either of us brake one again.

Thanks for the info guys!

and if they don't work.. can anyone tell me in detail what is different?

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
HFX...........love them brakes except the pain in the arse rear on my cortina that doesn't feel right but whatever :)

Mag = magniseum (? spelling) body
comp = plastic

I am pretty sure they interchange lever bodies. I know that the MAG might cost more then the COMP just do to differences in materials. I have never seen a replacement comp body before for the lever.

Good luck though, that is the differences as far as i know of

slcpunk21

BS is not a bitch.
Feb 14, 2003
finally transplanted
Originally posted by Spunger
HFX...........love them brakes except the pain in the arse rear on my cortina that doesn't feel right but whatever :)

Mag = magniseum (? spelling) body
comp = plastic

I am pretty sure they interchange lever bodies. I know that the MAG might cost more then the COMP just do to differences in materials. I have never seen a replacement comp body before for the lever.

Good luck though, that is the differences as far as i know of
you can get the comp bodies from QBP and BTI (shop distributors) super cheap too!

and actually looks like someone on here did that change from plastic body to mag body.... just found that out today!