Quantcast

Hey Upstate NY Monkeys

vtjim

Beware of Milo & Otis
Jan 6, 2006
North Andover MA
I leave tonight to spend the rest of the week with the in laws and was thinking about bringing my bike.

Anyone know of any trails up North of Syracuse? I'll be in the Oswego/Fulton area and I think I'll have to time to get at least one ride in. I don't mind driving a bit to get to a trail.

vtjim

Beware of Milo & Otis
Jan 6, 2006
North Andover MA
He's in Binghamton right? I went to school there... it's a bit far away though. Their really isn't a whole hell of a lot up where my wife's folks are from.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
If you want to make about a 1hr detour on the way there or back, you could come to Ithaca and ride Shindagin. I'd probably be able to show you around.

vtjim

Beware of Milo & Otis
Jan 6, 2006
North Andover MA
If you want to make about a 1hr detour on the way there or back, you could come to Ithaca and ride Shindagin. I'd probably be able to show you around.
Thanks, I'd love to but I'll have the wife and baby with me so stopping on the way is kind of out of the question. I appreciate it though. Ithaca's just too far to drive from Oswego this week too.

vtjim

Beware of Milo & Otis
Jan 6, 2006
North Andover MA
There must be trails in the Fulton/Oswego area. I sure has heck never heard of anything around there though.
Yeah I know the area must have some because it's so close to Syracuse. I'll be doing some research online today to see if I can find anything close. I don't really want to travel South of Syracuse seeing as how I'm already 45 minutes North.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
There must be trails in the Fulton/Oswego area. I sure has heck never heard of anything around there though.
:stupid:

I've never heard of anything up there. I have to imagine there's someone up there who likes to ride bikes though.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
There's some good stuff within about 20 minutes of Syracuse - Highland Forest is the best I know of, but I don't ride up that way very often.

Definitely check out cycle-cny... a few syracuse area folks post over there. Also, I know there is a group based out of the syracuse area - I believe it's CNY Dirt. Not great help I know, but a couple of leads for you.

vtjim

Beware of Milo & Otis
Jan 6, 2006
North Andover MA
There's some good stuff within about 20 minutes of Syracuse - Highland Forest is the best I know of, but I don't ride up that way very often.

Definitely check out cycle-cny... a few syracuse area folks post over there. Also, I know there is a group based out of the syracuse area - I believe it's CNY Dirt. Not great help I know, but a couple of leads for you.
I appreciate it.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Highland is pretty good, but about an hour from syracuse. There's also green lakes st. park, which is relatively close to the city, but is also relatively yawn-y in terms of challenge. Good place to take a beginner or push your fitness, but not a lot of challenge.