Quantcast

Hey Everybody It’s Sa Turd ay.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. In-law's showed up yesterday. Got an email late yesterday from our internal recruiter asking me to reapply for the position (again) because they relisted it differently. It is relisted publicly now though, so the formalities should be all that is left at this point.

Got the kart back, so I can prep it for the race next weekend. Thankfully it was only marginally bent after last weekend's race, so it was an easy bend back. We went by the new* track and hot damn does it look awesome. Haley's ready to drive it.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Nuking snow now.

Lowers serviced on our trail bike Lyrik's yesterday afternoon, today will be the XC SID's and maybe the Boxxer's.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
IMG_2286.jpeg

much rain happening. On this side of the mountains hmph

still time yet

Last edited:

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Track day in the car yesterday and it’s amazing how much that wipes you out. Off to the STARS kart race at Charlotte Motor Speedway in a few minutes, and will likely be coming home with another engine because I’ve lost all self control (again).

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Will attempt to swap to summer tires on the car, if the rain holds off today. Having a dirt driveway makes this chore a little more weather dependent than I'd like.

Also need to do taxes today.

Will definitely relax with the kitty.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
View attachment 210975

much rain happening. On this side of the mountains hmph

still time yet
We got hammered by hail last night and the rain was heavy earlier. I'm scared to go check on the Allroad.

Track day in the car yesterday and it’s amazing how much that wipes you out. Off to the STARS kart race at Charlotte Motor Speedway in a few minutes, and will likely be coming home with another engine because I’ve lost all self control (again).

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Espresso machine is old, and wasn't really working well. Turned it on its side and noticed that the metal perforated disk where the water comes into contact with the coffee looked partially plugged. Took it off, hit it with an electric tooth brush which cleaned out the pores. Reassembled the unit, ran water through then made espresso. Best espresso in a long time. I am quite awake now :banana: :banana:

EMT gig tomorrow. packing the camper with my gear and getting ready to head out this afternoon. But first I need to mow the 8" tall grass jungle in the back yard :banghead:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
went to farmers market; chores, yardwork, planting things now. have to go to our stupid annual gala tonight. felt terrible last night-hot/chills, achy, headache...feel a bit better today but not super excited to go out and be sociable. hrmf.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Espresso machine is old, and wasn't really working well. Turned it on its side and noticed that the metal perforated disk where the water comes into contact with the coffee looked partially plugged. Took it off, hit it with an electric tooth brush which cleaned out the pores. Reassembled the unit, ran water through then made espresso. Best espresso in a long time. I am quite awake now :banana: :banana:
That kind of service is supposed to be done routinely.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
My 5K race this morning was a fucking disaster. My legs were too damn tired and I was sucking wind really bad. A cop directing runners sent the first six of us the wrong way, so I had run run an extra quarter mile to get back on course and 25 or so people passed me. I was able to pass them all again though and I finished 4th place overall. A slow-for-me 6:38 pace...I should be around 6:00 pace for a 5K. It doesn't even feel like I ran now. I've got another one next weekend and there is prize money at stake, so I am happy to get the bad one out of my system now.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Nothing was going on with the family because it has converted to snowing, so off to clean and prep the kart.

[Two hours later]

Haley spent the last two hours cleaning the kart in detail, while I got the motor prepped for the race next weekend. I'm pretty sure going forward she will focus more on keeping the kart on the track, given how much she spent cleaning up.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Whiskey off Road 50, 9th place mastere! Lets just say weather was optimal if you are from Alaska.