Quantcast

Help with some burly hardtail pics...

freerider215

Chimp
Jul 27, 2003
Just finished building up my Snipes w/ 03 Z1, Trailpimps 26/26, hayes 8"f/r, Truvativ Hussys, Race Face bars, Azonic stem, etc. Probably going to go with lighter Aircorps soon. Anyway hope to have pics up soon.

LostBoyScout

Monkey
Jul 28, 2002
Vancouver BC
DudeB - pink and lime! Damn!

I hope I can get the funds together to get in line for an Endless Lifetime (with custom paint) for next season! In the meantime I want to lighten up my Le Toy.. getting a bit rediculous for my needs at 37ish pounds!

DudeB

Chimp
Sep 6, 2003
north, Finland
lostboy-> yes, that frame had to be painted. It fell apart in two pieces and weldings had to hide somehow ;) I didn´t have time to paint the forks, so that is why they are on frog-color ;)

rides nice thou, cant wait until it cracks again :D

Nd4spd

Chimp
Jun 9, 2002
If it's rideable, i'm on it
Here's the newest bike in back of the new place that we moved into two weeks ago.Man i like being outside of the city alot and then this SS just adds to it.All that is left is to find a set of decent cranks that are 170-175's and straight bolt the rear axle and it's complete:thumb:BTW running a set of 2.7's with a Pyslo XC on the front for now.Maybe a DJ3 in the future but not sure.I had these parts laying around.The gearing is 34-16 with a 1/8th chain and the Deore Hydro brakes and 321 rims.Comes in at 35 lbs.

Nd4spd

Chimp
Jun 9, 2002
Originally posted by TK
My big, rigid, stiffe......

That is a sweet ride there TK:thumb: Have to ask you how are those Hookworms on the front for you:confused: I have a set but only have put one on the rear as i am concerned about the front washing out on me.So i went with a Highroller Semi Slick on the front for now:D

TK

Chimp
Nov 11, 2003
Honolulu, HI
Works fine on the front as long as you keep it urban. Just look out for dirty, dusty asphalt. You don't want to hang a turn or anything in it.

Ryan Scott

Chimp
Nov 18, 2003
I just finished building up my BMW! I am very happy with the way everything turned out. I still have some small things to do. I would like to chop the handlebars and do some work on the fork but other than that it is a great ride.

Ryan.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Use the 'attach file' command in your reply, at the bottom of the reply screen. Only one pic per reply that way, tho.

MD

LostBoyScout

Monkey
Jul 28, 2002
Vancouver BC
Originally posted by Ryan Scott
Is there a place that I can upload pics from my HD to Ridemonkey?

Ryan.
if you take the URL in the address bar on your browser when viewing the page with the pic of your bike, instead of taking the URL of the actual image, and just posting it as a link on here, we can click it. :) But even when I click the URL of the image it comes up as access denied

Nd4spd

Chimp
Jun 9, 2002
Looking good there Ryan:thumb: I see woodman hubs and Hookworms and can't tell the rims and a sweet SS setup as well. I take it that BMW frames are 4130:confused: or am i wrong? Been looking at those frames as i love 4130:D

Hey Lost Boy Scout thanks for the compliments on the bike.Got the new cranks on today and added the other Hookworm on the front for the off season, now for the real fun:D

recidivist

Monkey
Aug 29, 2002
Soquel, Cali
Originally posted by Ryan Scott
Sorry Guys about screwing up the first post so here it goes.

Ryan.

Dagnabbit. That's a sweet looking bike. All black and stealth and ****. I didn't even know Phil Wood made black hubs...

How you like those new Hope brakes?

Ryan Scott

Chimp
Nov 18, 2003
Nd4spd,

Thanks, the hubs are actually Phillwood not Woodman. I did use woodman pedals though ;-) The rims are Arrow DHX and I laced them 3 cross 36 spoke. The Brooklyn frame is 4130 and it is awesome. It is super stiff and has a good feel to it. I think that it might be a little small for a hardtail freeride bike but for some urban and park stuff it is just right.

Ryan.

freerider215

Chimp
Jul 27, 2003
Cool. Thanks. Yeah it's a Snipes, I got it on a trade, I think it's one of their older frames. Get this though, they run a trade in program. So I can send this in and for $130 I get a brand new frame in any color! Lifetime warranty and $175 crash replacement, not bad.

Nd4spd

Chimp
Jun 9, 2002
Originally posted by monkeyboy424
Ryan Scott awsome bike!

and Nd4spD how many awsome bikes do you have now? like 3 freeride hardtails? or did you sell one?

Almost let's see, sell one:eek: '02 Kona Chute, '02 Team Planet X Jackflash Rad, a '03 .243 Racing and last but not least a brand new Surly SS. I think that's it but i will have to look around and see if i missed one;) :D