Quantcast

Help with some burly hardtail pics...

LostBoyScout

Monkey
Jul 28, 2002
Vancouver BC
lol yeah the jack flash is nice and all but the le toy i preferred over it tenfold... it's an independent fabrications.. totally different league ;)

i'll post pics once it's together

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I assume this one will be like Protijy's...? As in chainstays used for both seat and chainstays, etc? What geometry/color you getting?? What tubing?

Sounds damned sweet, tho. :D

MD

LostBoyScout

Monkey
Jul 28, 2002
Vancouver BC
Originally posted by MikeD
I assume this one will be like Protijy's...? As in chainstays used for both seat and chainstays, etc? What geometry/color you getting?? What tubing?

Sounds damned sweet, tho. :D

MD
You may remember a green one that was on ebay, promoted by indieboy... Its that one :) Colour wasn't exactly my first choice but it's grown on me :D

It's one of the 4 DS specific Steel Deluxe's out there :)

the BIG cheese

The STUFF
Feb 26, 2002
stick red
Originally posted by LostBoyScout
You may remember a green one that was on ebay, promoted by indieboy... Its that one :) Colour wasn't exactly my first choice but it's grown on me :D

cool! so you did get it. awesome dude:thumb:

I would feel bad riding one of those.......esp for street. DJ not so much, but i would still worry a lot. like, hit a jump, stop, wipe down w/rag, hit a jump, stop, wipe down, etc etc

LostBoyScout

Monkey
Jul 28, 2002
Vancouver BC
Originally posted by PGKelly
I would feel bad riding one of those.......esp for street. DJ not so much, but i would still worry a lot. like, hit a jump, stop, wipe down w/rag, hit a jump, stop, wipe down, etc etc
This is how I plan to ride it :P

I am curiously easy on equipment... otherwise I could never see myself riding it.

Picked it up this evening... weeeeeeee!! I can't wait to build it up. One problem I found, is that I can't bring myself to put my old crud on it :P I am seeking lighter, more exotic (but still freeridish) components for it.. like Thomson stem and post, carbon riser, 2.35 single ply Maxxis, atomlab DHRs with King apple green hubs...

I may keep the Le Toy and just build it into a full-on jibbe machine :monkey:

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I am seeking lighter, more exotic (but still freeridish) components for it.. like Thomson stem and post, carbon riser, 2.35 single ply Maxxis, atomlab DHRs with King apple green hubs...
Dude, that bike deserves Mavic, not (*&#$@ Atomlab...get yourself some 521s or D3.1, or maybe the Arrow FR or Tiogas...!

What kind of cranks are you thinking? XTR DH cranks or RF Turbines might be the way to go...

Sweet, sweet frame! I think you oughta hang on to the Toy and singlespeed it/street-trials it out. I would if I had even the vaguest ability to handle a bike, which I don't.

And check your PM ;)

MD

LostBoyScout

Monkey
Jul 28, 2002
Vancouver BC
haha.. the DHR's are nice rims! Those are the only Atomlabs I'd put on this guy. It's more likely I'd do dual Tioga DH's since I already have one.

I have polished Deore splined cranks I'll use for now.. XTR is what I'm thinking for the future though! Or maybe some RF's in that lime colour :eek: :D

And yes.. the Le Toy with dual 24s (and Arrow Launches) and the DJ2 reduced to 80mm would be SWEET!!!! I'm dreaming now :D

Dang BAH...... so sick. You icepeep folk have swanky rides.

LostBoyScout

Monkey
Jul 28, 2002
Vancouver BC
I feel the Sinister posted by Private Joker needs to be catalogged in this thread.

I'm not sure if Buetang's Imperial is already in here, too lazy to go back and check, but it too needs to be catalogged in this post.

Sub6's Imperial

And IMO the most Evil of them all, the greatest of the great, Jesus' Imperial

Word.

VooDoo

asshat
Dec 21, 2001
Toronto
Still waiting for a front brake adaptor (for the millenium) but i put the super t on to screw around wiht.. along with my new wheels... rides so nice with the millenium...
want bigger pics email me...

Attachments

monkeyboy424

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
Place
im almost done with my bike

all i need is a front maxxis mofo dh 2.35 and a new rear avid arch rival brake and a front xt disc hub then i will be happy with the matchingness of my bike

i will frolick in a field of poppies when this happens, after that, i will post a pic of my beautiful bike.......

BoyBoy

Monkey
Apr 17, 2003
washington DC
Originally posted by Lizard0fthetrai
That Punkass is so very stealth...you can barely see the diffefrence in parts, that or the contrast was set too low when you took it.
it is very stealth....

i just got the front brake adapter... i routed the line through the steerer tube... works perfect. the 24" wheels leave ample room for it.

mplutodh1

Monkey
Nov 27, 2002
Sammamish, WA
Originally posted by PGKelly
that KHS looks rad, esp. for under 350! might wanna drop the stem under the spacers tho, that might give you a little better position on the bike....
Thanks, actually I had them on top but it put my body in a funky position for riding actually. Because its my commuter and will be used for XC, thats a little too low in the front for me, my back starts to ache.