Quantcast

help me with ideas for a shop bike stand

freakrock

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
Santiago de Chile
I'm in the process of furnishing a new bike shop, and need some ideas to build a bike stand that will hold five to ten bikes angled 45º towards the main door. It should be practical, good looking and most important, cheap to build. I know i may be asking too much, but you never know if someone has already been in the same situation and found a good way out of it.
Any piece of advice will be greatly appreciated.:monkeydance:

dirtvictim

Chimp
Aug 22, 2009
A floor plan would help. Not knowing the area makes it impossible to formulate.
Can you attach to the rafters and bolt to floor?

freakrock

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
Santiago de Chile
I cannot attach it to the rafters or the wall, but maybe bolt it to the floor (thou it's not the idea).
This picture was taken from the main entrance. The rack should be placed to the right, and should start as close to the door as possible and end where the floor changes it's pattern (10-15ft) with the bikes angled to kind of face the customers when they enter the store. The new doors will be placed a bit further to the left, so that there is more room for the bikes, but even so, it wouldn't be enough to place the bikes perpendicular to the wall.

zebrahum

Monkey
Jun 22, 2005
SL,UT
I've always liked the ladder bridge rack, slats large enough to put a tire in. Guess it depends on what kind of vibe you're going for.

dirtvictim

Chimp
Aug 22, 2009
ok it's actually a rack and not a repair stand. it would be far better to use wall mount hooks given the tight space. if you hang them from ft wheel and
then use the floor wheel holders you can easily double your storage and angle the floor ones. check with rudyrack like posted above for other options.