Quantcast

Help for Atomlab Warrantees

atomic97

Chimp
Jul 8, 2004
Santa Clarita, California
This is Mike from Atomlab. I just placed a response to the "I hate Atomlab" thread and I want everyone to know that if they have a warranty, even an old warranty that never got handled, to contact me at mike@atomlab.com. I take care of most warrantees very quickly, but there have been a number of warrantees over the last year that have 'slipped through the crack' due to structural changes and growing pains here at Atomlab.

If you have had any bearing issues with your pedals, you should know that early failure of the bearings is usually due to throwing your bike down on its side or tossing it hard when you bail. The bearings required to achieve our exceptionally thin and stable design will wear out or need replacing on occassion. If they failed early the bearings may be replaced at no charge. If they wore out over time, you can buy replacement bearing on our website for $3.

No one is trying to dog you, but you will need to follow the warranty procedures listed on our website. If that doesn't get you anywhere, you need to e-mail me directly at mike@atomlab.com. Include your phone number and I will call you if you have a complicated situation.

Thanks,

Mike

Macrider

Monkey
Oct 13, 2003
Los Angeles
Mike, it's good for you to step up here and answer the "charges" people (including myself) have made against you.

Just so you understand, my local bike shop where I purchased both pairs of pedals (Aircorps & Trailkings) tried to warranty the first pair with you & never got a response - they ate the cost and gave me a replacement pair on their own - then my other pair's bearing went, then the replacement pair's bearing went - both times my LBS tried to contact you to get warranty service without a response, they tried by both email & phone calls - I then sent my own email and had no response, I then followed directions and tried to order replacement bearings through your website - the order didn't go through, I got no response to my follow-up email and I was pretty much done with your company at that point - I have $230 worth of pedals that do not work sitting in my box of spare parts - I also have $60 worth of replacement pedals from Weyless that are working fine so far

I understand you have a one-man company, but if that's not enough employees to run the company AND respond to warranty problems, emails and phone calls - it is YOUR responsibility to hire more people - I mean, how hard could it be to get someone to listen to your phone messages, write them down & figure out a response - or repond to an email? - When I had my Fox shock sent to Push, it was still a one-man operation - Darren Murphy responded to my emails, he called me at work to ask questions & his turnaround on his service was about 3 working days - all one guy - he has since hired more people to keep his operation running smoothly - this would seem to be a model of how to run a small business (IMHO)

I am going to make you a deal - I am going to attempt to get replacement parts from you again, I hope that I have better luck this time than I have in the past, if so, I will come back on this thread and tell people that I had a better experience than last year, & that my pedals are back up and running - which is all I wanted out of them and you.

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
Mike,

Can you just publish the make and part number of the bearings of your trailkings (publish all models for that matter). Seems this would save you ALOT of hassle and give your customers like me a fighting chance in using their pedals.

I'd rather buy local from the bearing company.

Thanks,

joel

atomic97

Chimp
Jul 8, 2004
Santa Clarita, California
There have been a lot of changes and growing pains over the last year and a half. I have been very pro-actively trying to find all of the things that have slipped between the cracks and get things sorted out. I am not making excuses just letting you know where things are at. You are not alone. There are a number of people who have slipped between the cracks. I have a couple of pairs of warranty pedals here that have no return address and no phone number so I can't return them. I have had a number of packages returned to me as undeliverable. If anyone else out there is in the same situation as 'macrider', contact me and let me see what I can do to get you taken care of.

I am working with our distributors to increase their ability to handle warrantees and I am doing what I can to smooth out the process for anyone who cannot get things sorted out by their local shop or one of our distributors. Systems are being put into place to make it easier to get warrantees dealt with.

E-mail me today and I will follow up with you.