Quantcast

Help finding (re-finding) recent trails vid

Mutt

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Lost on Long Island
Hey All,

So I cant seem to find a recent web edit I came upon and wanted to pass on. I've looked and looked and feel like i dreamt it or some sh!te.

It was a short trails web edit of some mid to large size trails in a pretty wooded location, in the US with Kieth Terra as one of the riders identified. The vid identified some other blokes, but he is the only one I remember.

my only web-haunts are here, prettyshady, pawoods, fat, and transworld.

Has anyone seen this vid?? can you point me back to it??

Fanks.

nyhc00

Monkey
Jul 19, 2010
CT
So, let me get this straight. You're looking for dirt jumps in the woods? Shouldn't be too hard to find with that description.
www.bmxfeed.com add this to your web list

Mutt

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Lost on Long Island
Thanks D.E.T. , I should have clarified that point (probably along with some others) the vid was def. not panomoka. Thats our spot and I've got my hands on the couple of panamoka vids there are.

It was a different crew of guys that Terra was riding with somewhere else.

And nyhc00, yeah, your right, maybe a bit vague. But considering the vids that have been showing up lately, if you scrub out:
-vids outside the US (france, UK and Spain have been happening of late)
-trails in fields, backyards or municipal sites
-small trails and/or roller/pump line vids
-big name pro rider vids
- only on the 5 sites mentioned

I thought that would narrow the field significantly...... but yes, otherwise a pretty broad request.

nyhc00

Monkey
Jul 19, 2010
CT
Thanks D.E.T. , I should have clarified that point (probably along with some others) the vid was def. not panomoka. Thats our spot and I've got my hands on the couple of panamoka vids there are.

It was a different crew of guys that Terra was riding with somewhere else.

And nyhc00, yeah, your right, maybe a bit vague. But considering the vids that have been showing up lately, if you scrub out:
-vids outside the US (france, UK and Spain have been happening of late)
-trails in fields, backyards or municipal sites
-small trails and/or roller/pump line vids
-big name pro rider vids
- only on the 5 sites mentioned

I thought that would narrow the field significantly...... but yes, otherwise a pretty broad request.
haha, i was just busting balls. Where abouts on L. I. are you? I know some guys that have a spot called the Boons off the LIE. Not as big as Panamoka or Keyko, but fun nonetheless. Some of the same guys there that work at Cunningham.

Mutt

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Lost on Long Island
hey nyhc00, yeah, I know you were just bustin balls, its cool. But I was kind of amused too at my own request:

'yeah, i'm looking for a video of some guys riding some trails (made of dirt) in the woods' Ha!

I live waaaaaaay out from most peoples perspective. Not at the end, mind you, but pretty far: wading river.

I met Jimmy from the Boons when I first moved out here, but ended up settling in pretty far from there and connected with the panamoka and shoreham crews. My fellow panamoka diggers know the peoples at keyko well, but I have not ridden there yet. I'm still the new guy here, been around two years. But I've got my own little line going which is starting to get fun.

I've been wanting to check out Cunningham, I don't mind small trails and am curious about legal spots, but its sort of a tough sell when there is digging and riding to be done here and I don't know anyone directly who is maintaining that spot.

nyhc00

Monkey
Jul 19, 2010
CT
but its sort of a tough sell when there is digging and riding to be done here
i can relate to this point very well. There's some trails near me which I've been meaning to lend a hand with, but I also have a backyard pumptrack/dirt jumps I've been working on since March.

Dirty Maestro

Monkey
Jul 11, 2008
Hey Mutt,
Its Jimmy from the Boons, whats up!

Mike Vitti and I have been taking care of Cunningham Park. We're usual there every Thursday to maintain and add features. We help each other on all aspects of the trails but I basically handle the design/layout of the jumptracks and pumptracks.

Don't get me wrong tho. We have countless of volunteers that help when they can. We couldn't have done it without them.

Especially with the recent vandalism, the community came together and rebuilt 40 days worth of work in 2 days!

We're hoping to open another park in the near future that's allot closer to you(William Floyd pkwy). Its not 100% but i got to submit design plans.

We're actually keeping you guys at Panamoka in mind for the new park. If it does happen, I need more dirt artists to help me dial the place in =)

Pm me if you like to get involved....

_______

Last edited:

Mutt

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Lost on Long Island
Hmmmmm. that'd be a YES. If I can support the effort, I will. I'd really like to see more and more spots both pop up (Cunningham) and become established (Catty) as legalized trails. I'll drop you a pm.

Mutt

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Lost on Long Island
thanks, but compliments should definitely be payed to the other locals who have built up and diversified these trails for the past 10 years. As I mentioned, I'm still the new (but old) kid, only been there two years. And my line isn't even in any video yet. mostly because it is small and weird, ha!

but I must say how happy I am to be at such an excellent spot with really great riders and people as the trail crew.