Quantcast

handlebar help

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
Ok so I have been searching and cant seem to find what i am looking for so I was hoping for some help.

I am looking for:

28 in wide
1.5 rise or less
25.4 clamp
fairly light < 300g
not carbon
and lastly, long clamp area to run levers far enough inboard

I have some Azonic double walls and they are close (kind of heavy and small clamp area) and the FUNN full ons seem like they might work but i cannot find a pair to check out...

Any thoughts??

BTW why do bars get taller as they get wider?? This is opposite of what works. Wide bars go on big bikes, big bikes have tall forks, tall forks need low bars. Heck if i could find some 28 inch flat bars, i would be stoked..

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
28" is basically 710mm... there are a number of companies that make that width... finding a 710mm 1" holzfeller is the trick... like looking for a needle in a haystack (online at least)...

RD

Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Boston, MA
Funn "Full On" bar.

30mm rise, 710mm width, 7075 T6 triple butted.

super nice bar, I ran one last year.

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
DirtyMike said:
Answer Hyperlites, bout 39 bucks
(I am asuming you are talking about pro tapers as hyperlites are flat xc carbon bars...)

Unfortunately, Pro tapers are only avalable in 1" rise by 24" or 2 " rise by 26" wide.

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
partsbara said:
28" is basically 710mm... there are a number of companies that make that width... finding a 710mm 1" holzfeller is the trick... like looking for a needle in a haystack (online at least)...

according to the truvativ website, the 710 x 1" holzfeller is only available in 31.8 clamp.

aaarrrgh!!

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
fiddy_ryder said:
the easton ea70's come up to 27" ,, thats only half inch on each side....
Yea there are many bars that are 'almost' what I want
but I was hoping to find one that had all of these qualities... so far maybe the Full On..anyone know how much they weigh for real?

nixhexss

Monkey
Oct 17, 2001
New York
Mike Buell said:
it sounds like your describing the SIC RACE bar,
28"
1.5 rise,
25.4 clamp
long clamp area for breaks.
www.sicusa.com
THATS THE bar im using, i had the same search criteria you had. But, I just ran into a problem as the bar seems not to have such a large clamp area. No dice using the new e-13 boxxer bolt on stem, clamp area is JUST too short.

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
Hey, Thanks for all of the input everyone. I think i am going to try the funn's as I can get them cheap and the SIC bars are about $90, a little steep in my opinion.

heikkihall

Monkey
Dec 14, 2001
Durango, CO
Good choice! The 30mm rise Funn Full On bar is the best bar that I have ridden to date. It fits the criteria that you are looking for perfectly and the rake/ sweep feel awesome too.

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
FSA makes them 28" wide. I'm not sure about the rise but they're failry light (they weigh a little more than my Easton ea50s...not that they're super light either).

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
So the FUNN's are on order and should be here early next week. I will weigh them when they arrive.

The truvativ's are only available in 31.8 (another stupid 'new' standard in my opinion, read easton's opinion on 31.8), the FSA's are very far from light at ~400 grams for the 28" bar and I have never seen any chromag bars and there is very little info out there about them but they are the right specs...