Quantcast

Hammerschmidt w/ a Remedy

milohead

Monkey
Dec 9, 2008
Johnson City, Tn
I've tried to research this on the internet and have even called Sram and Trek, no one can give me a straight answer. Some say It works fine and others say there is a clearance issue. Anyone have insight on this? Mine is a 2011 Remedy 9

Mr Jones

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2007
If you have the ISCG mounts, I'd imagine it'll work. The chainstay isn't anything super crazy shaped or anything. FWIW... I roll on an Intense Tracer VP with the hammerschmidt. Aside from the weight penalty and drag when I engage overdrive, it's rock solid and I don't see myself going back to a traditional setup anytime soon.

My $0.02

milohead

Monkey
Dec 9, 2008
Johnson City, Tn
If you have the ISCG mounts, I'd imagine it'll work. The chainstay isn't anything super crazy shaped or anything. FWIW... I roll on an Intense Tracer VP with the hammerschmidt. Aside from the weight penalty and drag when I engage overdrive, it's rock solid and I don't see myself going back to a traditional setup anytime soon.

My $0.02
Yeah, when I talked to the guy at Sram he said there was an issue w/ the 08-09's but doesn't know beyond that. I'm not really worried about the weight penalty I'm a strong dude if I need to shed weight its on me:)
Been wanting one for a while but decided to see if there were flaws but I've yet to here anything bad so now I'm looking for a set.
$0.02 appreciated

Mr Jones

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2007
Yeah, when I talked to the guy at Sram he said there was an issue w/ the 08-09's but doesn't know beyond that. I'm not really worried about the weight penalty I'm a strong dude if I need to shed weight its on me:)
Been wanting one for a while but decided to see if there were flaws but I've yet to here anything bad so now I'm looking for a set.
$0.02 appreciated
Maybe the issue they're talking about could be solved by MOAR SHIMZ!!! :weee: