Quantcast

HAHAHAhahaahha.....WAAAAAAAAAAAAH! I pwn3d myself!

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Tried to garage my 4Runner with my newly repaired bike in the roof rack.

Dead Sid fork, dead Yak QTowers, dented facia board.

:(

*No photo nessessary*

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
MudGrrl said:
oh, gawd, you are stuck at 10,000...

so that now means that EVERY post you put up HAS to rock...
you said it yourself...

I donno what you are talking about... I don't have the magical 10k yet...

:confused:

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
Bummer man. I did the same thing a couple of years ago, only you can add "dented roof of car, mangled roof rack, and broken frame." I still get a pit in my stomach whenever I pull into the carport. Sometimes I even have to stop and check to see if there is a bike on top.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
another good reason for a hitch mount rack.

my wife killed my old kona driving into the garage. snapped the headtube right off. the rest of the parts were fine, and i garnered enough guilt points to buy a spooky frame and a schwinn frame.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
It happens all the time...I did that years ago...put a hole in the house above the garage...jacked up my saddle...broke the grip shift pod...and tore the sh!t outta the roof of my brand new jetta...sucked ass...when I went to have the rack looked at the guys at the Sportsrack said it happens ALL the time. I had a friend who did it TWICE...

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
dh girlie said:
It happens all the time...I did that years ago...put a hole in the house above the garage...jacked up my saddle...broke the grip shift pod...and tore the sh!t outta the roof of my brand new jetta...sucked ass...when I went to have the rack looked at the guys at the Sportsrack said it happens ALL the time. I had a friend who did it TWICE...
Were you doing like 30 into the garage? Or just keep hitting the accelerator? That is an awful lot of damage.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Polandspring88 said:
Were you doing like 30 into the garage? Or just keep hitting the accelerator? That is an awful lot of damage.
I didn't stop accelerating...till I heard what sounded like a velociraptor trying to tear the roof off my car. Total brain fart...I was covered in mud and sitting on a plastic bag still in my bike clothes...stupid ass...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
my mom did that a few years back. the bikes were fine amazingly enough, but one of the feet of the rack put about a 1.5-2 inch deep dent/divot in the roof of the civic it was on :eek: . when the car was totalled a year or so later after an accident (other guy's fault) she was all "oh, that dent must have gotten there in the accident!" heh

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
DRB said:
You're pretty much out to kill your bikes......
The bikes weren't involved in the telephone and flag poles...which is probably why I made contact with both...I had an aftermarket hitch put on my truck, and it's further under the bumper than the factory installed ones, and I had to get this 9" extender for my rack in order for it to fold up properly and it sticks way the f out and my truck has THE worst blind spots...really hard to tell how close you are to something...you should see me trying to parallel park with that damn rack on.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Back in 98, I had just bought a Cannondale v900, had it about a week and came buzzing into a drive up ATM islands, and tore my Cannondale and Thule roof rack completely off. In retrospect, I should have left the bike there...

jollytime

King of the Kingdom
Jul 1, 2003
Vermont
I am currently building a garage and is my worst fear!

Post those pics so I can tape them to my dashboard!

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
After running my Trek Y22 into the garage and having my insurance company cover me for a new (well, new to me) bike, I keep my garage door opener in the glove box when I ride, as well as having a big cardboard sign taped to the inside of my garage door that flops down and says "BIKE, DUMBASS" on it.

Hopefully I won't run my current bike into it until I need a new one. :p

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
N8 that sucks. About ten years ago a dude came into the shop where I was working with two very trashed bikes. I thought I was being smart when I guessed he had tried to drive into his garage. He said "No, but close. I did this trying to drive OUT of my garage."

:eek:

He loaded up the car very late the night before an early morning start. Apparently not a morning person. :p

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
N8, if it makes you feel better:

We had an older guy come in a few months ago to buy a Klein Reve. He has a roof rack. Month later he comes back after driving it into his garage. Downtube is folded.

Funny thing is, they had just put in new gutters that got destroyed.

Gutters are replaced and his replacement frame gets in. 3 days later he comes in and I ask him how the bike is. He wheels it up to me, looks like he is crying and the downtube is folded. He also destroyed the brand new gutters...again.

Fortunately insurance and credit card company cover it because it was so new. You might want to look into it. So don't worry, you aren't quite as dumb as Bob.

The Ito