Quantcast

Hafjell (NOR) 2013 World Cup #5

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Okay, I'm all for a brisk discussion, even if it veers slightly off topic...BUT

I will delete your posts if you start showing intolerance and start insulting somebody else's beliefs, sex, politics, favorite pokemon, or whatever. So please, if you worship satan or sagan, if you're a neck-bearded, fedora wearing atheist, or neck-bearded straw hat wearing Mennonite, please show tolerance of other people.

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland

I will delete your posts if you start showing intolerance and start insulting somebody else's beliefs, sex, politics, favorite pokemon, or whatever. So please, if you worship satan or sagan, if you're a neck-bearded, fedora wearing atheist, or neck-bearded straw hat wearing Mennonite, please show tolerance of other people.
Haha, my bad.

Back on topic,

I'd put my money on Smith, that stupid crash last week probably put a fire under his ass and he was on quite a roll before it.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I don't get the gwin hate...

The dude seems to be a pretty friendly stand up dude who made a team switch when the discussed contract wasn't offered. He dominated a bunch of races. More power to him, and I hope to see him back to form at some point here. He obviously felt natural on the session, and obviously doesn't on the demo. Specialized and Gwin will figure it out, build a new bike for him or whatever, and he'll be back to winning races.

In the mean time, everybody else gets to enjoy some long deserved time in the spotlight winning or podiuming races they wouldn't normally have won now that the top guy is figuring **** out. Its win win - specialized will have to come out with new DH bike so everybody stops complaining about stays, Gwin will be back on form dominating the race circuit, and steve smith and gee atherton, who have been working so hard for some wins finally get to have a few while Gwin is on a break.
I think the hate stems from people really hating Gwins fans and some statements like yours that the only way for others to win is for Gwin to be magically off form and when he gets back he will slay them anyway.

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/

it's now insulting to make a difference between real and imaginary objects?

look, the american freedom™ in full works...

Last edited:

UiUiUiUi

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2003
Berlin, Germany
it's now insulting to make a difference between real and imaginary objects?

look, the american freedom™ in full works...
it's called "freedumb™" get your facts right.

on a totally different note, personally i wish for Josh to finally get a World Cup win, but i wouldn't bet money on that.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I got the impression that the bike he rode(crashed) last week was a 1 off custom just for PMB.
He said that its back to the Wilson after Worlds. I'd also guess that those bikes are far from one offs. There is at the very least 3 of them. Beer was on a black one at Crankworx, then on a Silver one at Worlds and Smith was on another one. Devinci Hektik replacement?

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Why exactly is everybody so amped on Bryceland? The kid is a mouth breather and his riding looks atrocious. Not saying he isn't fast, I just want to change the channel when his run comes on out of fear of having to listen to him talk or see him without a helmet on.

EVIL JN

Monkey
Jul 24, 2009
He said that its back to the Wilson after Worlds. I'd also guess that those bikes are far from one offs. There is at the very least 3 of them. Beer was on a black one at Crankworx, then on a Silver one at Worlds and Smith was on another one. Devinci Hektik replacement?
not to mention that it had like 165mm of travel, doubt Smith would want to run that on a proper rough dh track like Hafjell

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
Why exactly is everybody so amped on Bryceland? The kid is a mouth breather and his riding looks atrocious. Not saying he isn't fast, I just want to change the channel when his run comes on out of fear of having to listen to him talk or see him without a helmet on.
:rofl:

EVIL JN

Monkey
Jul 24, 2009
IDK, maybe it has something to do with he's a really nice kid, and he always seems to manage to have a bit of bad luck when things are going well for him.

A pretty rad skiracer said once "the more I train the more luck I have". Seems like it is always some that have bad luck whereas some are consistent week in week out and the first group in my book is not the ones really famous for their massive calves.

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
:wave:

epic

Turbo Monkey
Sep 15, 2008
Not saying he isn't fast, I just want to change the channel when his run comes on out of fear of having to listen to him talk or see him without a helmet on.
Enjoy -

I quite like his riding.

edit: oops - beat me to it.

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I'd kinda rather just have redbull fund a few full length kovarik runs with a helicam vs. show another world cup.

We should have a fundraiser for that. I know he wasn't top tenning (yes that's a word!) the last few world cups he raced but you know........he just looks cooler doing it than most.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
truth. that video of him drifting a fireroad for about a 120 foot drift at mach 5000 in one of the videos that came out within the past year was awesome. plus it had real music instead of emo music with slow mo.

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
The Kovarik Summer of Summit Ep. 5 is one of the best biking movies on the internet. Fact.

And, that drift that owns all drifts is coming down the gravel road and into D1 at Whistler. Ridiculous.

epic

Turbo Monkey
Sep 15, 2008
I guess we all like different styles - I find the Rat's riding much more visually appealing than CK's.

gretch

Chimp
Feb 15, 2013
Nelson, B.C.
The Kovarik Summer of Summit Ep. 5 is one of the best biking movies on the internet. Fact.

And, that drift that owns all drifts is coming down the gravel road and into D1 at Whistler. Ridiculous.
Yes sir... Kovarik is such a badass rider. My favourite for sure. Let's hope he makes it to the World Cups.