Quantcast

Had to put another dog down this morn....

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
Many of you may recall when I had to put our Bichon, Bailey, down, but that he's was up playing with Alaina then. Over the weekend, Meg, our Lab/Chow mix, lost her strength and couldn't get around at all. She went outside Saturday night, didn't come back in, got her in the house Sunday morn, and she didn't move from her spot all yesterday to this morn. Told wife it's time, took her to vet, and again, gave the shot. Now she's sleeping up on the mountain, and probably playing with Bailey and Alaina, and quickly learning that mammoths are cool.

Wife found Meg wondering Kingsbury Grade about 4 years ago. Brought her home, then took her to the shelter the next day. Shelter calls back, asking if we could help out by taking her, which we did. For about a month, Meg would jump our fence and run off at night, even if I would try to chase her down. Thought she'd be gone, only to have her show up on our front porch the next morning. She finally stopped jumping, figuring we're ok by feeding/watering her. She would give the most excited "puppy jump" when wife would come home, knowing that she and the other dogs would be getting treats soon. We figured she was the one that adopted us, not the other way around.

Be free, Meg, you deserve the rainbow bridge....................

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I still can't get over my cat, myself. Sorry for the loss.

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Sorry for your loss. Our older miniature poodle is nearing her expiration date. She has arthritis in her back, and is on pain medication. She also has sublexing (sp) kneecaps, and finds it hard to walk sometimes. I think the wife is in denial about the end coming.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Sorry for your loss its one of the hardest things ive had to do.. i feel ya..
Ive always told myself.. when a dog stops being a dog.. its time to go..

Sonic Reducer

Monkey
Mar 19, 2006
seattle worshington
So Sorry :(
At least you were able to make both your lives better for a little while by taking her in.

My golden retriever clover is about 14 and while in good spirits and with plenty of energy for a dog her age. she is developing some digestive problems that are really worrying. I'm definitely not prepared for the inevitable.