Quantcast

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Father bought the gun a few days ago.

Charge him as an accessory.
A prosecutor in Michigan filed involuntary manslaughter charges Friday against the parents of a boy who is accused of killing four students at Oxford High School, after saying earlier that their actions went “far beyond negligence.”

JustMtnB44

Monkey
Sep 13, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
A prosecutor in Michigan filed involuntary manslaughter charges Friday against the parents of a boy who is accused of killing four students at Oxford High School, after saying earlier that their actions went “far beyond negligence.”

Parents were culpable in those deaths.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
That's my recollection.
Yup, just looked it up.
Apparently they treated it like a joke, something like over 18000 cartoons, gifs, random pics etc.
In addition to the requested business emails memos, marketing etc, they were asked to provide social media content, so they buried them in everything they could find other than the relevant materials.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Don't punch a dog, and don't bring a knife to a gun fight.

A witness told KGW the shooting happened during a confrontation over a dog. A person reportedly punched the dog in the snout then pulled a knife. That's when the witness said the dog's owner pulled out a gun and shot the other person.

In an email, a TriMet spokesperson said, "Our thoughts go out to the individual who was shot, and we sincerely hope they make a full recovery."

*snicker*

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
A witness told KGW the shooting happened during a confrontation over a dog. A person reportedly punched the dog in the snout then pulled a knife. That's when the witness said the dog's owner pulled out a gun and shot the other person.

In an email, a TriMet spokesperson said, "Our thoughts go out to the individual who was shot, and we sincerely hope they make a full recovery."

*snicker*
This could be the most American thing I’ve ever read.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I’ll say this, it’s about time we retired this old healthcare (I use healthcare instead of military terms).

JHFC. They just built those things.

Of particular concern are situations where F-22 landing gears fail to deploy or collapse upon landing. An inspection of the Raptors at Eglin, and 10 percent of the fighters at other F-22 bases, found that at least one in five jets in the total F-22 inventory had an incorrectly rigged landing gear, Air Combat Command said last year.

Worley said March 24 that over the past year, “a combination of inspections were performed across the fleet to help determine root cause, assess fleet health, evaluate system performance, and prevent future incidents.”

“Analysis of the data identified that nose landing gear rigging can change over time, and as a result, technical data was updated to clarify rigging procedures following maintenance actions,” she said.

Overall, the Raptor fleet suffered 26 Class A and 36 Class B accidents between fiscal 2011 and 2021, according to the Air Force Safety Center. That equals about eight Class A and 11 Class B mishaps for every 100,000 flying hours.
Class A mishaps cost at least $2 million, involve a destroyed aircraft or cause death or permanent and total disability. Class B mishaps are those that cost between $500,000 and $2 million, lead to a permanent, partial disability, or cause inpatient hospitalization of at least three people.

One noncommissioned officer who works in F-22 maintenance said last summer that crews sometimes felt they could defer some upkeep until their short-term posting at Eglin was done.

“This step here or a step there might be overlooked, because we’re only going to be here for so long. … It would be put off,” the NCO said. “Now, it’s all starting to catch up.”
So, nothing is actually wrong with the aircraft. The maintenance program just sucks to the point of potential criminal liability. I hope none of these people EVER enters the world of commercial aviation. Holy fuck, what an ignorant statement.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
“It’s really using every dollar as smart as we can in our fighter portfolio when we’re trying to modernize that portfolio.”

*sigh*

It never ends
What's another few billion in deferred maintenance when you can just buy some more planes instead!!

Those statements from @Pesqueeb are starting to head down the Russian tank maintenance path.

Or the money could be spent on useful things like infrastructure, healthcare and education.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Yeah, was just at physical therapy a few blocks away. No idea what had happened until after I got over there. Lots of cops and shit running around. They stopped in to say lock the door. I got the fuck out of there. Glad I decided to ride over despite the rain. Never a dull moment. People need to fuck off into a volcano.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
That's a pretty Asian neighborhood. I just got home, haven't looked at the extend of what happened yet.