Quantcast

Guess whos back...

DesuL

Monkey
Nov 21, 2005
MEEEEE!!!!! The doc said I can get back on my bike again and with this weather and the stack of new parts I have been accumulating this should be a fun weekend.. Dunno if anyone even cares that im back but I was planning on heading to SST around the noonish hour maybe before if i get up all excited and have my bike together..

Now if anyone wants to throw some opinions in here I have some options.. I still have my Giant STP3 Hardtail. I have the crappy fork I have been bottoming out and is kinda harsh on the body, but rideable.. Oh and I have a new headset for my HT as the old one kinda blew up. hehe

ORRRR I have an 04 Junior T that i can put at the lowest setting and take that thing out and make it a bit easier on the back. I know the angles of say, chainstay may not be textbook with this setup. Just wanna huck some drops and take its somewhat easy. Anyone see a huge problem with doing this? Bike gurus chime in now :)

Oh and I just got my rims trued/adjusted back to a lil more round then they were

See you all soon.

DesuL

Monkey
Nov 21, 2005
DBR X6 RIDER said:
.as long as it feels good and doesn't put undue stress on your head-tube, then go with it!
Eh, I dunno what it will do. Worse to worse I find out and the frame snaps :) Long as I don't get hurt I can laugh it off.

But, if you see me on the trail tomorrow and it looks funky just yell. Tell me im whacked out and kick me off the bike heh

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
I would think it would be fine, I have seen a lot of hardtails with jr-T's on them. What does giant say? I was thinking of going to sst on sunday since the mountain will not have much new snow and the lift lines will be long. I have a jump I want to fix, middle line from the very top, after the drop the little jump were you land just after the berm I just built up, I want to make it like the nutter jump.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
fuzzycatnuts said:
I have a jump I want to fix, middle line from the very top, after the drop the little jump were you land just after the berm I just built up, I want to make it like the nutter jump.

I ran into ^^this guy^^ yesterday and he was telling me about your plans. Go for it - the existing gap is the weak link of that line. I think something needs to be done to the hillside jump on the top right line as well. It's to flattish, IMHO.

DesuL

Monkey
Nov 21, 2005
Ah that was fun. If I am not to sore ill be out tomorrow but i dunno we will see. The new fork rode fine and really helped soak things up. Got up the guts to do the tree gap on the way out.

Good to see everyone. Weather was great!