Quantcast

Guerrilla Gravity, badass frame manufacturer in Colorado

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
When I returned from my last Italian adventure, I showed my then 18 month old daughter some pov videos of me riding. No big jumps, but lots of drops, which she seemed to enjoy.
I left the room for a minute and when I returned she had already dragged her balance bike onto the sofa and was just getting ready to drop in.

Shizzon

Monkey
Jun 25, 2015
Had my first ride on my Smash with the 160mm 38 Grip2 this morning. The chunkiest trail in the nearby vicinity provided challenging terrain for evaluation; I came away impressed with the initial feel at Fox’s recommended settings for my weight.

I did not weigh it but it did feel noticeably more chunky than the Helm Air that was previously mounted to the Smash. The bathroom scale that I have on hand has this build coming in at 34.8 lb, though my excel workbook (which is fairly extensive) has it at 32.5lb without tools/accessories.

It’s not a light build but it’s also far from being objectionable as I come in at ~210-215 lb. Longer planned days in the saddle with a lot of climbing may temp me to to swap in my 140mm MRP Ribbon and lighter wheelset/tires.

So far this thing feels very solid and impressively smooth out of the box. I’m excited to put some more time on it. The only thing I’m not quit getting along with is the orange decals/stickers; the question is should I got black/stealth or polished/silver?

C59B90DA-E7D0-4F9B-B648-5174BBD922DD.jpeg
7A7D9830-3476-4265-9378-7E7CED9BA795.jpeg
798C3FCF-CAF8-491D-B757-E370C7A8CDB0.jpeg
6D7BFD8A-0CF8-4DE9-A503-EB0692473062.jpeg

thad

Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
So, I’m considering a second hand 2015 mega trail frame. If this frame were to crack, where are it’s weak points? Are replacement chainstays, etc still available?

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
So, I’m considering a second hand 2015 mega trail frame. If this frame were to crack, where are it’s weak points? Are replacement chainstays, etc still available?
Those are pretty solid, obviously it will depend on the life it has lived so far, but they held up well, and I think we still have some spares.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
I put 2k hard miles on mine which I bought used out of CO and it lives on under another rider in GA. @jackalope has something ridiculous like 4-5k of not nice riding on his. If anything the stays are the most vulnerable but I think they are quite stout. Among 5 year old used bikes, I'd think it is as good a bet as any you could make.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I put 2k hard miles on mine which I bought used out of CO and it lives on under another rider in GA. @jackalope has something ridiculous like 4-5k of not nice riding on his. If anything the stays are the most vulnerable but I think they are quite stout. Among 5 year old used bikes, I'd think it is as good a bet as any you could make.
I'm still riding a first gen megatrail if that tells you anything

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
I still ride my og megatrail sometimes. The seats not as low and it’s not the carbonz. But it’s fucking bad ass otherwise. Love the industrial look of it.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
I put on space balls thinking it would put the 4 and 7 year old to sleep. Now the 7 year old is running around the house real fast like saying she is “gooooing plaaaaid”.

Shinny silver plaid decals please!

Make America plaid again

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
The pull for me to buy a size 4 rid egg smash for me and a size 3 for wifey is strong.

Admittedly we need to demo and given she lost her job with COVID doesn't help this issue of disposable income...
Besides... you ain't got kids. Those two Rid Eggs would be the equivalent of 4 hours of kid-expenses. Don't ask me how I know. :dead: :D

NOW GO STIMULATE THAT ECONOMY!!

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
so what'd he replace it with? and when and where will the smashing occur?
A 2010 TR450, which I quite frankly liked a lot aside from the heft. The GG obviously also has a much more modern reach measurement and let's face it, you can never go wrong with raw aluminum, especially with such sexy welds.

Smashing (at Sugar) can occur on almost any given Friday. Although I'd rather not witness your untimely demise when your UV weakened crab0n bar (or frame?) gives up the ghost :(

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
A 2010 TR450, which I quite frankly liked a lot aside from the heft. The GG obviously also has a much more modern reach measurement and let's face it, you can never go wrong with raw aluminum, especially with such sexy welds.

Smashing (at Sugar) can occur on almost any given Friday. Although I'd rather not witness your untimely demise when your UV weakened crab0n bar (or frame?) gives up the ghost :(
excellent. sugar's the only one i haven't ridden (although it's been a few years for beech as well). holler at me if you're heading up. also, WILSONS.