Quantcast

Gracia Riding for Zocchi?

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Ha, I knew there was a reason that the used team-replica Gemini I just bought had an 888. (Awesome fork, btw...)

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
I remember I was making fun of Rob Warner when he was over here last, about his 888 fork, he proceeded to tell me it was the best fork he has ever ridden in all of his career.

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
stiksandstones said:
I remember I was making fun of Rob Warner when he was over here last, about his 888 fork, he proceeded to tell me it was the best fork he has ever ridden in all of his career.
I was pretty damned happy with my first run on mine...

And that's from a guy who was thinking about trying to trade it for a Dorado. Thing is just solid. It's like an older Monster without the weight.

MD

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
MikeD said:
I was pretty damned happy with my first run on mine...

And that's from a guy who was thinking about trying to trade it for a Dorado. Thing is just solid. It's like an older Monster without the weight.

MD
Good stuff Mike. How do you like the Gemini?

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Zark said:
Good stuff Mike. How do you like the Gemini?
It's awesome, but tall and short. Gotta put on a longer stem and a zerostack headset and see if it'll ever fit me right. Suspension and handling are primo...now, back to Ced...

Sep 10, 2001
Well.... It looks like that deal has happened.... I have been hearing wispers of that here in the office for a couple of months... I did talk to him at Interbike and I know he was wanting to be on a 888 after he test rode one earlier.

Brian

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
Jou said:
Still confused by the finger...anyone care to explain, it would make NWD 5 that much better.
it all started as a bet with Peaty as to who would get the most pictures published of them doing "Dirty Sanchez"

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
yea cedric is on an 888, i spoke to billy his new mechanic (ex minnaar) and he told me that the bike cedric raced on for the megavalanche was his former mechanic`s bike and that the spec for the new year wasnt finished yet that he knew of.

fyi cedric had the best qualifying time on the course with 23:52

course started at 4630m elevation so camelbacks were very handy to keep altitude sickness away, actually diana margraff told me the winner (rene wildhaber) had been staying in quito for a month in order to adjust to the altitude.

full report with pictures as soon as soon as i get time to process 2 weeks of abscense and fix my laptop battery.

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
nono, i just dont remember any of the times of the two final runs but i do know that the fastest qualifying time on saturday was cedrics@23:52
visibility was a tiny bit worse on top on sunday and the start section was more swampy but then again the top racers opted for a shortcut so im guessing race runs were at the same speed too.

as far as i know this was the most dh-esque of all megavalanches, actually the chilean boys did quite well on their full on dh bikes, what impressed me was the french commencal squad with their remote control seatposts.

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
skyst3alth said:
But, he said

???

-Adam

yea

1 rene wildhaber (scott octane FR with pike) fastest time 22:59
2 cedric gracia (gemini fr / 888 170mm?)
3 gee atherton (giant VT / psylo QR borrowed bike)
4 franck parolin (commencal vip meta / fox)
5 oscar yunge (pdc dh1 / 888 200mm)
6 markolf berchtold (msc dh / msc starfork)
7 antonio leiva (army / boxxer 8")
8 andres sotomayor (bullit / 66)
9 fabiel barel (coiler / z1)
10 david cevallos (cant remember what bike)

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
nonoo!!!!

this race was in peru, but you guys just hang on, im plotting a race here next year that will be longer and steeper, dh bike recommended.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
I am hoping Cedric comes up with a new gimmic for 05', the Dirty Sanchez thing is sooooooooo tired and lame. Maybe his new gimmic will actually be doing what he is totally capable of doing-WINNING bike races.

leprechaun

Turbo Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
SLC,Ut
SWEET!
Now he can officially be my favorite rider.
To bad we wont be seeing him throwing those suicide no handers (while secretly shaking out his hands) while on his race run...

Looks like a 170,w zoke flat crowns.
Looks like a Swinger,but it's so muddy,i don't see the bulge of the resi volume adjuster of the DHX,but didn't someone say that it was a temporary frame?