Quantcast

Got the large child a new ride

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Yep....a women's specific Trek Cali..... a 29er no less. She is rather pleased.

Not surprisinlgy, the Suntour fork is an unholy piece of crap. The brakes don't seem to have the stopping power I'm used to. They aren't spongy. but it's like the pads aren't broken in....but they should be, as it's a used bike. It will require some investigation.

But the important thing is she's happy

Attachments

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
29" wheels for tiny woman-folk makes no sense to me at all. As you said, though, she digs it. :thumb:

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
I was trying to find a 26", and leery of the 29er. As I was shopping used it proved to be impossible. People had ads and would not repsond to me. There was alos this really sweet devinci, but the guy didn't know what size it was. (??). After several emails of him sending me useless dimensions. (The saddle is 28" from the ground.....end to end the bike is 67" long...the handle bars are 9 feet from that tree over ther...), I finally had to send him a screen shot of the devinci website with the frame sizing chart and had him measure it.....only to discover it was a medium.

29ers however we relatively plentiful. ....and it would appear that she's quite comfortable on it.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
holy tiny frame huge wheels 29'er small kids bike designed to be unrideable.

glad she digs it, sometimes my favorite trail rides are those with my kids, but they ride 24" wheels, it still amazes me that they are able to get those 24" wheels to even roll

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Yep....a women's specific Trek Cali..... a 29er no less. She is rather pleased.

Not surprisinlgy, the Suntour fork is an unholy piece of crap. The brakes don't seem to have the stopping power I'm used to. They aren't spongy. but it's like the pads aren't broken in....but they should be, as it's a used bike. It will require some investigation.

But the important thing is she's happy
Thought you meant the Peach.