Quantcast

Got the Joplin R installed on my Flite

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
Awesome!

Th epost look sso sleek and modern but the trigger looks kind of old school. You would think they would be able to slim it down a bit.

Either way I am sure it will be a big help for riding in your neck of the woods:mad:

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
Dude, clean up your cables. That is an unholy mess up front. (Not that it really matters but it looks a hell of a lot better if you do)

Nice work on the seatpost, its hard to ride without one once you get used to using it.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Is the offset supposed to be facing forward like that or should it be facing backward? It looks like it should have the offset facing towards your rear tire instead of the front as you currently have it set up.

See what I mean?

Also do you like your saddle angled nose down like that? Just a wondering. Congrats on the new addition to the Flite!

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I set it up that way because the setback made me too stretched out on the frame for my liking
Bike might be a bit too big. What size stem are you running? Bike might handle better with a shorter stem and the seatpost in the proper position with the saddle slid forward.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I'm built weird. 6'1" with a 6'4" arm span 30-32" inseam [short legs] and a long torso. I have everything set up in a really comfortable position that lets me flick the bike around and hammer for hours, I'm not messing with it to make you guys happy

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Just for ****s and giggles I'd try the following:

1. Turn the seatpost back around,
2. Scooch your saddle forward a bit
3. Level your saddle even before sag
4. Do a ride and see how things feel.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
ok now that I stopped trolling with the above pics:rofl:

I took the Joplin R out for a 2 hour spin today. In the process I discovered a serious drawback to adjustable seatposts. I no longer have the seat adjustment excuse to stop and catch my breath:D

That said I had a ball out there using it. It worked incredibly smoothly and the remote is the only way to fly:thumb: now the only question will be reliability so we shall see but at $134 :weee:

Juddos

Chimp
Feb 13, 2010
Looking good.

Had one of these OEM on my Scott Ransom. Branded Maverick before Crank Bros. took over the patent.

The seat clamps are terrible and wear out in no time. Make sure they are greased REALLY well, and tighten the s**t out of them. Contact Lubey at Dirtlabs for help and spares.

I sold mine and bought a Kindshock with remote. Never looked back.

Excpet my remote broke from the bike resting upside down on the level 1 too many times :(

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
Need to ditch that boner stem and try something shorter. Short stems work wonders.

I have a low end gravity dropper on my bike. Won't ever be able to ride without some sort of adjustable seat post now. I don't know how i did it for so many years.

sc00ter16

Chimp
Jan 4, 2010
I know it's off subject a bit but that Flite looks almost like and exact copy of a Giant AC(especially the rear triangle and swingarm)

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I almost picked one up when they were up, but my seat tube is the other size... I was wishing I had it for my ride today. Would have been great to have.