Quantcast

Got Dirt?

BBTCJON

Chimp
Jun 7, 2005
The BBTC is building a pump track at Colonnade and we need to bring in some GOOD dirt. It needs to have some clay content, have few rocks, and be clean.

If you have or know of a source, please reply to jon@bbtc.org. I'd like to have this dirt ASAP so that we can begin building the pump track next week.

Cheers!

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Jon,

the "free" page at Craigslist or looking on dub,dub,dub, freedirt.com will get you lots of options.

I'll also call or e-mail....

BBTCJON

Chimp
Jun 7, 2005
freedirt.com didn't have much in the way of local free dirt. The only clean dirt was listed in Mt. Vernon. I'll keep my eye on the site though. Thanks.

Working on a Craigslist posting now...

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Only thing keeping free and clean dirt from being a reallity is a screen and some people to work it. :( That makes your debris ridden dirt clean.

I hate screening dirt. :D

BBTCJON

Chimp
Jun 7, 2005
WE GOT DIRT... and lot's of it. 80 - 90 cubic yards will be at Colonnade shortly and thus we will be banging out a pump track and some flowlines shortly thereafter.

BBTCJON

Chimp
Jun 7, 2005
Only thing keeping free and clean dirt from being a reallity is a screen and some people to work it.
Thanks for the input, but not entirely true Rhino. Since this is a city park, Seattle Parks and Rec has a testring process to ensure that there is little to no contaminants in the dirt. You never know whet people have been dumping in the soil.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Thanks for the input, but not entirely true Rhino. Since this is a city park, Seattle Parks and Rec has a testring process to ensure that there is little to no contaminants in the dirt. You never know whet people have been dumping in the soil.
Yeah...

It would be a shame to contaminate the dirt that was already there! :D j/k

I hear ya....cool that you got dirt.

BBTCJON

Chimp
Jun 7, 2005
Yeah... It would be a shame to contaminate the dirt that was already there! :D QUOTE]

C'mon now brother... that's good dirt there at Colonnade. I'm starting a pea patch there to grow some veggies should you be interested :happydance:
Guarenteed best veggies you ever did eat! I bet you've never tripped off a squash before!

BBTCJON

Chimp
Jun 7, 2005
lt us know when the work parties are goin down
Work on the pump tracks going down next week. I'll holler when I know more but we're looking at Wednesday at the earliest... bobcat'll be there Monday and Tuesday staging material!

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Yeah... It would be a shame to contaminate the dirt that was already there! :D
C'mon now brother... that's good dirt there at Colonnade. I'm starting a pea patch there to grow some veggies should you be interested :happydance:
Guarenteed best veggies you ever did eat! I bet you've never tripped off a squash before!
:biggrin:

I am just kid'n around.....

Hmmm "Collonade Produce" :greedy: Bet there are some people aroud there that would jump at a chance to eat a bannana that is doing this -->:banana:

:happydance: