Quantcast

goodridge?

Nov 9, 2005
I'm looking to upgrade my mags instead of buying new brakes this season. I was looking at goodridge lines and goodridge brake pads. Has anyone tried these brake pads out and how do they work? Thank you.

SXtrailrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
I forgot to tell you that the Goodridge lines are brand new. Not that many people have had the chance to us them. The latest edition of dirt says that they are great power pads, and mixed with their lines make for an awsome bike.

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
i rcomen just searching for the pads on google, im not sure if that many eople even know they exist, but there was a great write up on dirt about them

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
I run the Goodridges on my Mags with Galpher brake pads. Its a huge difference over stock. I also added the dangerboy levers. I cant imagine better brakes.

FastTimes

Monkey
Jul 2, 2002
Toronto
What's everyone feeling on using them with Saint? Does it improve the power, wreck the feel, any benefits? Anyone using the new Ti fittings? How do these compare to Fibrax's offering?

Feedback appreciated?

seismic

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2003
South East Asia
FastTimes said:
What's everyone feeling on using them with Saint? Does it improve the power, wreck the feel, any benefits? Anyone using the new Ti fittings? How do these compare to Fibrax's offering?

Feedback appreciated?

according to a friend of mine approx 0,01 % increase in power = it dosent matter:)

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
FastTimes said:

Feedback appreciated?
Goodridge lines don't feel great with saint. You lose alot of feeling and about as much modulation with them on. They are simply too much.

They make a humongous difference on the older shimanoes however, as well as hayes, etc.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Galpher reds are the best pad for Hayes Mags. Ive used a lot of others and they seem to last pretty long, quiet, and great stopping power.

FastTimes

Monkey
Jul 2, 2002
Toronto
Transcend said:
Goodridge lines don't feel great with saint. You lose alot of feeling and about as much modulation with them on. They are simply too much.

They make a humongous difference on the older shimanoes however, as well as hayes, etc.
Danks, that's what I wanted to know!

Kanter said:
Galpher reds are the best pad for Hayes Mags. Ive used a lot of others and they seem to last pretty long, quiet, and great stopping power.
Not EBC reds? I've actually been running a high-bred combo of one EBC red and one stock Hayes. Seems to work pretty good and extends the set of EBC pads. I might have to look into the Galfers...

Oh yeah, to the point of the thread, I'm running Hayes Mags (danger boy levers) with the Goodridge lines...awesome combo and noticeable difference between the stock lines, especially on the rear brake. The front? Not so much.

SXtrailrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
Lets do the math. Saint brakes $300. and selling your hayes $125. So the brakes would cost you around $175. Upgrading your brakes $100 for goodridge lines, 30 for better pads. So when adding these to gether you would spend $130 on upgrade. Yes it would be a better deal by 45 dollars.