Quantcast

good shops in norcal?

LukeD

Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
Massachusetts
i'm heading out there on the 21st...next thursday and i was wondering if there were any shops in the area that r decent. i'm staying in los altos right outside san jose. i'll be heading to n* the next day so i'm looking to pick up a few things. stuff that stocks DH stuff would be nice, gear, parts etc. so..does anyone know of a good place to go besides supergo?
thanks
Luke

LukeD

Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
Massachusetts
Acadian said:
do yourself a favor and check out Sun Bike Shop in Milpitas (www.sunbikeshop.com for hours/phone and directions).

then get in touch with me and we'll have a beer since I live like 4-5 mins from there :thumb:
cool thanks, i'll shoot u a PM before i leave, bikes and beer always a good combo :)

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
If something happens and you need parts or help while you are in the tahoe area my favorite shop is Olympic in tahoe city. I've found that all the rest pretty much suck, except for one or two on the south shore.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
LukeD said:
cool thanks, i'll shoot u a PM before i leave, bikes and beer always a good combo :)
The Beer fridge in the garage is always well stocked! and if this all fails, there is always Whiskey :thumb: :D

you can also e-mail me at acadian##@##pinkbike.com (just remove the "#"'s)

Joe Pozer

Mullet Head
Aug 22, 2001
Redwood City
Acadian said:
do yourself a favor and check out Sun Bike Shop in Milpitas (www.sunbikeshop.com for hours/phone and directions).

then get in touch with me and we'll have a beer since I live like 4-5 mins from there :thumb:
I'll second the Sun Bike Shop recommendation. They have tons of stuff in stock and great service, plus very fast turn around on repairs.

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
City Bicycle Works in Citrus Heights has some pretty cool employees and they really know their stuff. They are 4 miles off the 80 and are near some famous dirt jumps and bmx tracks also. Business hours are 10 to 7 during the week and 10 to 6 saturdays 11 to 5 sunday and they all ride!!! Ask for Heath or Jackson and maybe they'll give you a tour of the local trails.

blacklisted

Chimp
Jul 13, 2005
Heath Sherratt said:
City Bicycle Works in Citrus Heights has some pretty cool employees and they really know their stuff. They are 4 miles off the 80 and are near some famous dirt jumps and bmx tracks also. Business hours are 10 to 7 during the week and 10 to 6 saturdays 11 to 5 sunday and they all ride!!! Ask for Heath or Jackson and maybe they'll give you a tour of the local trails.
the green hornet!

captainpolution

Turbo Monkey
Nov 18, 2004
Heath Sherratt said:
bourbon street jumps :drool:

and check out river rat, its like another 2-3 miles from that. its pretty good