Quantcast

Good BMX Mail Order company?

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I want to get that "As One" vid from Bruce Crisman, but my traditional channels do not have it. Any recommendations for a mail order company?

Li'l Dave

Monkey
Jan 10, 2002
San Jose, CA
empirebmx.com is also really good. Good stock, and they will get it to you in San Fran a little quicker than goods. I've never ordered from Goods, but everyone that I have talked to at Empire seems to know their stuff.

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
empire
albes
staff-bmx
obmx
?lbs?

I'm lucky b/c my lbs is pretty in-touch in the bmx scene. I try to get most of my stuff from there...

D.E.T.

Chimp
Jan 21, 2004
NC
Trend is gone, I don't remember why, some kind of owner BS. Anyway, the guys that made it awesome, are the ones that started Empire.

ebrider510

Monkey
Dec 7, 2006
Bay Area, CA
I've never ordered from any of these places, but may I ask what's wrong with danscomp?
the story goes back and has to do with dans original owner being a nut job(supposebly yelled and cursed at a bunch of young kids at a BMX race) and selling out to a series of big corperations that don't care about riding but just about taking rider's money.

empire, albes and others are rider owned and operated

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
the story goes back and has to do with dans original owner being a nut job(supposebly yelled and cursed at a bunch of young kids at a BMX race) and selling out to a series of big corperations that don't care about riding but just about taking rider's money.

empire, albes and others are rider owned and operated
evil corporations!:brows:

RHARPER

Chimp
Jan 23, 2004
Dundee, MI
Albes is great! I'm fortunate enough to live within driving distance of them. It's about an hour and I pass a lot of shops to go there. Todd, Mark, John, and Turbo are great guys!

Vlad

Chimp
Jun 16, 2007
Empire is my favorite, but I've received good service from Flatlandfuel, Albes, and Danscomp as well.

Vlad

Chimp
Jun 16, 2007
Oh yeah, 50/50's service is good, too.

Seriously, Empire kicks ass. If you order from them, be sure to pick up both of their Shop videos, "Empire BMX" and "Chill Bro."

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
I work at a shop that's right in between 2 fairly popular parks. I'll be damned if 95% of the runts that come in have Dan's Comp stickers plastered all over their bikes. They've also never heard of Empire. And they run 25/15 setups because they can't afford a new rear wheel but want microdrive.

Weaver

Monkey
Oct 27, 2003
austin, TX
I work at a shop that's right in between 2 fairly popular parks. I'll be damned if 95% of the runts that come in have Dan's Comp stickers plastered all over their bikes. They've also never heard of Empire. And they run 25/15 setups because they can't afford a new rear wheel but want microdrive.
thats because you live in SUCKdallASS now fool. change your location and stop posin! :rant: