Quantcast

gonna buy a V10

carboncopy

Chimp
Nov 6, 2011
so i'm really considering buying a new v10 frame and building it up with my current parts and a couple of new bits.

i've got the newer marzo rc3 888, and i'm really happy with it. definitely want to keep it, and i'm not sure which rear shock (fox dhx rc4 or the RS vivid air) would match the fork better? there's a pound (!!!) of difference between the two shocks so that comes into play as well, any insight or opinions welcome.

illnotsick

Monkey
Jun 3, 2009
I have an 05 V10 with a vivid air and boxxer world cup. Most awesome bike I've ever ridden, I'll upgrade when I can't get replacement frame parts anymore. Weight on the bathroom scale is under 40lb. I love the vivid air, and everything I've seen on here has been positive about it as well, check the carbon V10 thread.

Ass shot:

cjm102

Chimp
Dec 27, 2009
Aus
My experience with the Vivid air wasn't a positive one. It was bolted up to my demo and don't get me wrong I loved the feel of suspension with this shock, but it was just too unreliable. It just added and extra element to the dampening due to the air spring, setteled the rear and allowed me to just let the brakes go. It's only fault was that it kept leaking air past the main seal and sitting about 60% into the travel, i had it rebuilt several times and then just sold it on. I have since gone to a custom tuned RC4 but still long for the plush stable Vivid.

Just my 2c...

Lelandjt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2008
Breckenridge, CO/Lahaina,HI
The Vivid Air works great with the travel adjust. Mine was problem free for 3 months, then I did an air can service just for the heck of it. I think I'll let it go to next July before I do it again.