Quantcast

~~ GMT du jour ~~

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Haven't ridden at all this week because of the burn on my thumb. Still a bit tinder. If I look at it at eye level, I can see just how much skin was burned off. Definitely a visible missing chunk. Small though, but right in the crease of the last knuckle.

Also haven't been able to do any bench work, so I've been plugging away at my website. Getting a responsive design to work across multiple platforms and devices has been waaaaaaaayyyy more challenging and time consuming than anticipated. It's almost done though and it freakin works !

Last edited:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
holy hell did i need that. haven't been to the hills since september. average 55* and sunny. Only other people seen: bear hunters and campers. 20 miles of backcountry, leafy, gnar. There is nothing better. Only one otb, but it seems to have jacked up my finger, the tip of which I still cannot feel. Fracture?

The forest service tries to put in water bars on some of these trails. Over time they get washed out/eroded. They become excellent kickers. Gullies, babyheads hidden under leaves, ballz-high river crossings (it's rained a lot here recently), drifting into bermed out chutes...rejuvenation for my soul. If you are familiar with the area, Raiders Camp remains my all time favorite, pound for pound.

I hope you all get to do this type of thing soon.

AND STOP POSTING PICS OF DELICIOUS FOODS IN THE RANDOM PIC THREAD. I AM STARVING.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
holy hell did i need that. haven't been to the hills since september. average 55* and sunny. Only other people seen: bear hunters and campers. 20 miles of backcountry, leafy, gnar. There is nothing better. Only one otb, but it seems to have jacked up my finger, the tip of which I still cannot feel. Fracture?

The forest service tries to put in water bars on some of these trails. Over time they get washed out/eroded. They become excellent kickers. Gullies, babyheads hidden under leaves, ballz-high river crossings (it's rained a lot here recently), drifting into bermed out chutes...rejuvenation for my soul. If you are familiar with the area, Raiders Camp remains my all time favorite, pound for pound.

I hope you all get to do this type of thing soon.

AND STOP POSTING PICS OF DELICIOUS FOODS IN THE RANDOM PIC THREAD. I AM STARVING.
Awesome !

How long were you out in the woods ?

I go by hours not miles...

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Started at 10:30; out at 3:30. Took time to remove shoes, find places to ford the two creeks. Usually you can hop across on rocks. Sure as hell not today. I did stop and think ait a bunch for the giy I was riding with, who is recovering from a knee injury.

Got one good pic at the top of Pineola Rd., where we stopped to eat:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Started at 10:30; out at 3:30. Took time to remove shoes, find places to ford the two creeks. Usually you can hop across on rocks. Sure as hell not today. I did stop and think ait a bunch for the giy I was riding with, who is recovering from a knee injury.

Would that be the Pineola by Hickory?

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006

The rocks at the bottom of Greentown ? That's some scary high water if so.

Ever ridden Wilsons at night ?

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Would that be the Pineola by Hickory?
basically, yes. it's in the wilson creek area (pisgah, grandfather district east) northwest of morganton, really, although hickory is nearby. pineola road goes roughly from edgemont to jonas ridge. many hiking/biking trails area off of it. the pic was taken here:
Mortimer Rd & Old Jonas Ridge Rd, Newland, NC 28657

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
basically, yes. it's in the wilson creek area (pisgah, grandfather district east) northwest of morganton, really, although hickory is nearby. pineola road goes roughly from edgemont to jonas ridge. many hiking/biking trails area off of it. the pic was taken here:
Mortimer Rd & Old Jonas Ridge Rd, Newland, NC 28657
Hell yeah! Looks like some nice terrain. Do you ever take pictures of Rocks and post them here? Rocks and surrounding terrain.

I may trade some Real Estate here for a Cabin and adjacent land in Hickory. I want to go there first. Lake Hickory sounds nice...

Last edited:

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Haven't ridden bike since last saturday. I too hacked my finger up, except I tore a patch of skin next to my pinky nail down to the base of the nail and now it's healing with the flap of skin laying on the nail. Should be an inviting place for infection.
Luckily, I been working in the hop pellet plant all week and the constant dunking of my hands into freshly ground hops is keeping the tear clean...