Quantcast

Giant AC Rear End

Surly

Chimp
I've got an '02 AC Air Lite w/ am '01 rear end (long story). I'd like to upgrade to the stiffer '02 rear end and the increased travel '03 Rocker Arms. I talked to my dealer and the whole package runs almost $400...Ouch!

Is there a difference between the '01 and the '02 seatstays--can I replace just the chainstays ($120) and get the benefit of the design change? I know the front triangle is exactly the same between '01 and '02 and my dealer told me that the '03 rocker arms are compatible.

Help! I'd like to save $200 if I can.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
Originally posted by Surly
I've got an '02 AC Air Lite w/ am '01 rear end (long story). I'd like to upgrade to the stiffer '02 rear end and the increased travel '03 Rocker Arms. I talked to my dealer and the whole package runs almost $400...Ouch!

Is there a difference between the '01 and the '02 seatstays--can I replace just the chainstays ($120) and get the benefit of the design change? I know the front triangle is exactly the same between '01 and '02 and my dealer told me that the '03 rocker arms are compatible.

Help! I'd like to save $200 if I can.
Just break it and get a new one under warranty. :devil:

Surly

Chimp
Riiiiiiiiiiiight. That would be a great idea...except that it's not covered under warranty. I got a great deal when I bought it--and the seller made it very clear that there WAS NO WARRANTY.

Oh well...