Quantcast

georgetown-Rock Creek OHV

michaelsnead

Chimp
Oct 16, 2004
There are major technical sections that provide some fun challenges. However the motorcycles have destroyed the trails to such a degree that I find it depressing to ride there. Also whoever laid out the trails had a motor between his wheels so the trails go straight up or straight down with almost no use of contour lines and switchbacks. Consequently a trail through a gently rolling area is a set of wind sprints. In that regard only it’s like Slickrock trail in Moab which was also laid out by a motorcycle rider. If you live pretty close you should give it a try but I wouldn’t recommend that someone travel a great distance. They have done a wonderful job with trail signage and you can pick up a great map at the Forrest Service station on Wentworth Springs Rd. Have fun!

Michael :biggrin:

TROUT

Chimp
Sep 9, 2006
ELK GROVE
There are major technical sections that provide some fun challenges. However the motorcycles have destroyed the trails to such a degree that I find it depressing to ride there. Also whoever laid out the trails had a motor between his wheels so the trails go straight up or straight down with almost no use of contour lines and switchbacks. Consequently a trail through a gently rolling area is a set of wind sprints. In that regard only it’s like Slickrock trail in Moab which was also laid out by a motorcycle rider. If you live pretty close you should give it a try but I wouldn’t recommend that someone travel a great distance. They have done a wonderful job with trail signage and you can pick up a great map at the Forrest Service station on Wentworth Springs Rd. Have fun!

Michael :biggrin:
cool man. thanks for the info. Im up there usualy so ill give it a shot i guess.