Quantcast

Gas pump gripe!!!!!!

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Now most of you know Julie & I have two gas guzzling vehicles, which I realize with the high gas prices they both suck to fill up, however that's not my issue. A lot of the gas stations have a $50 per tank limit which with these high gas prices are not allowing me to fully fill the tank at one shot. Now with the plethora of full sized trucks and SUV's especially in the area I live in you'd think the could raise the max dollar amount to about $60 so we could fill the tank completely full, or better yet...................... just lower the F'n gas prices, which I'd prefer. :mumble:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
F'ing california.....

Who has a limit on how much you can fill that dumb!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
wait a minute....YOU have a gas-guzzler? :think:

btw, i think a cap is retarded.

almost as retarded as spending $60 on a tank of gas which might last a week.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Brian HCM#1 said:
Now most of you know Julie & I have two gas guzzling vehicles, which I realize with the high gas prices they both suck to fill up, however that's not my issue. A lot of the gas stations have a $50 per tank limit which with these high gas prices are not allowing me to fully fill the tank at one shot. Now with the plethora of full sized trucks and SUV's especially in the area I live in you'd think the could raise the max dollar amount to about $60 so we could fill the tank completely full, or better yet...................... just lower the F'n gas prices, which I'd prefer. :mumble:
$60 to fill up.

How many miles do you get out of that?

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Why is there a dollar limit anyway?

Sounds like some kind of underhanded tree-hugger tatic to screw with large vehicle owners because it doesn't make any sense otherwise.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
N8 said:

Sounds like some kind of underhanded tree-hugger tatic to screw with large vehicle owners because it doesn't make any sense otherwise.
I have know idea why there is a limit, I knew on one station, but now they are popping up everywhere.

Damn hippies :think:

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
N8 said:

You never fail to post exactly what is expected. I guess that's a talent.

Barbaton

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2002
suburban hell
Brian HCM#1 said:
I get between 300-350 miles per tank and fill up once or twice a week, Julie fills up once a week and gets about the same.
That amounts to about 14mpg. Yikes. I like that if you reverse the digits you get my car's milage. :)

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
I fill up once every two weeks about.... it depends on how much i use it over the weekend to go mountain biking.. otherwise the my jeep stays HOME and i am on my bike!!!!!! :p

Barbaton

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2002
suburban hell
hooples3 said:
I fill up once every two weeks about.... it depends on how much i use it over the weekend to go mountain biking.. otherwise the my jeep stays HOME and i am on my bike!!!!!! :p
Ditto :stupid:

that's why i didn't have to get gas since february. occasional weekend use for groceries, microwaves, wok's etc. Otherwise, it's bike for me.

Broken_Spoke

Mr. Big Hot Pastrami
Feb 26, 2003
Bozeman, MT
Brian have you tried filling up at half tank? I know it will make more trips to the station but you wouldn't have to worry about the caps then.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
mack said:
Why dont you just get a fuel efficient car.
Why? I like my full size vehicles, I drive them and don't complain about them.

As for reswiping, that takes too much more of my time, especially for 2 or 3 more gallons.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Brian HCM#1 said:
Why? I like my full size vehicles, I drive them and don't complain about them.
Sorry, but this thread is pretty much an indirect complaint. No one with fuel efficient cars would have these gripes.

You have kids right? Ever considered an outback?

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
H8R said:
Sorry, but this thread is pretty much an indirect complaint. No one with fuel efficient cars would have these gripes.

You have kids right? Ever considered an outback?
No, my complaint is I can't fill it up in one shot, thats all. Yep I have 2 kids.

Freak

Aug 15, 2001
Redmond, Washington
Brian HCM#1 said:
No, my complaint is I can't fill it up in one shot, thats all.
I agree with ya!!! I hate having to fill up to $50, then put the nozzle away, swipe card again, then fill up the rest of the way....Just a pain in the butt!!

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Freak said:
Cause some people (like myself) can't tow a 20ft trailer with a fuel efficient car. :eviltongu heheh
But, is brian pulling two trailers? Why not at least one efficient car?

I know, dead-ass horse.

Freak

Aug 15, 2001
Redmond, Washington
H8R said:
But, is brian pulling two trailers? Why not at least one efficient car?

I know, dead-ass horse.
Can't speak for Brian, but we do at least have that....Mazda 3 hatch. It gets about 28mpg. My big truck though is getting around 20mpg on the hwy not towing.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
20 mpg on the highway for a truck that size is pretty impressive.

whenever i see the massive grill of a 1500 or 2500 in my rear view mirror, it looks like the thing is gonna eat my honda.