Quantcast

Gaaaahhhhhh Knees Suck!!!!!

DesuL

Monkey
Nov 21, 2005
Well kids... Im done for the season. Will be on a road bike in a few months for rehab but DH and DJ im DONE. Heres the story...

I was Riding up at whistler on the 19th. Had just put together my new ride. Was nothing to special but had dropped what i think is alot of hard earned $$ on it (nothing compared to some of your bikes i know) Was an 03 Giant AC with my 04 junior T on it, 05 Swinger 4 way and all new sram drivetrain (blackspire front) was soooo stoked on the bike. Bought a Season pass at GHY (thanks AJ for the good deal) and headed up for a weekend of fun. Took two runs, First down A line and then another down Schlayer to LWDH and then heart of darkness (mmmm) well I was feeling a little off after LWDH so I decided to sit down for a bit and relax.. Headed up for a last run and decided to take it easy down A line. Crossed under the lift, took the berm to the right, went off that STUPIDLY SMALL jump, Slipped a pedal, and my left foot drug sideways while I kept going. I watched my leg go way outta whack

I started making noises that would have scared a bear off and was able to push my bike the 10 ft back up the trail and get under the lift. Called to people on the lift to call patrol and started ripping off gear. More to the story but long short... X ray cam back with everything intact (LAME) so my MRI is scheduled for the 10th. My aunt who is a doctor with many years experiance was in town tonight and confirmed what i thought. 95% chance of going under the knife soon, least is going to be meniscus most being MCL or BOTH.

I am a welder and fabricator and cannot handle being on my feet let alone climbing ladders and piles of steel all day to go back to work so im screwed, luckily its union so I won't lose my job.

Just wanted to give anyone a recap that knows me what i have been up to. Im trying to stay positive about it all and in a good mood. I just need to sell my bikes so I don't have to look at them (ill buy something cool when im healed) So everyone just be careful and take care of themselves. This is not how I wanted to start the season and the start of a very busy well paying summer at work...

Ill have my bike stuff posted up soon in the FS thread. maybe someone will want to buy it to help me pay some bills.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
that sucks. can you get a refund on the seasons pass? talk to the whistler folks directly and get them a copy of your doctor's notes and i bet they'll be accommodating.

Sep 8, 2004
woah! That sucks! Heal up soon! In a few months when you start road biking, we'll have to get a ride going... I should have a road bike by then.

-James.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Toshi said:
that sucks. can you get a refund on the seasons pass? talk to the whistler folks directly and get them a copy of your doctor's notes and i bet they'll be accommodating.
Yes, you can get a refund on your pass, minus like a $25 fee. Kevin emailed them last year for me. I just had to fill out a pdf form, email it back, and they credited back my cc. I didn't need a doctors note or anything, but since I did get karted off the mtn. so maybe they had that on file:rolleyes:

dirtmover

Monkey
Jun 14, 2005
Dave, that sucks. Sorry to hear about the possible MCL or Meniscus. Knee injuries suck and I have had my share. Heal up quick.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
That sucks, Dave...I was looking forward to seeing you tear it up on a dually!:(

Massive healing vibes your way. Try to keep positive - at least you're not paralyzed or something along those lines.

I wonder if Miguel needs a driver for his shuttle-truck?:think:

DesuL

Monkey
Nov 21, 2005
Thanks guys, Ill heal could have been worse..

Toshi said:
I hobbled right into the guest services, told them what happened, and asked if there was anything they could do. They refunded it on the spot and I don't recall even having to pay partial. I DID buy it the day before, but Guest Services was great.