Quantcast

fvck you food - or - tl;jKdr

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
i'd try it.

http://robrhinehart.com/?p=298
Food is the fossil fuel of human energy. It is an enormous market full of waste, regulation, and biased allocation with serious geo-political implications. And we're deeply dependent on it. In some countries people are dying of obesity, others starvation. In my own life I resented the time, money, and effort the purchase, preparation, consumption, and clean-up of food was consuming. I am pretty young, generally in good health, and remain physically and mentally active. I don't want to lose weight. I want to maintain it and spend less energy getting energy.

I hypothesized that the body doesn't need food itself, merely the chemicals and elements it contains. So, I resolved to embark on an experiment. What if I consumed only the raw ingredients the body uses for energy? Would I be healthier or do we need all the other stuff that's in traditional food? If it does work, what would it feel like to have a perfectly balanced diet? I just want to be in good health and spend as little time and money on food as possible.

I haven't eaten a bite of food in 30 days, and it's changed my life.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
let's re-examine his premise here. He resents food. Gotta be from outer space.

Also, this isn't much of an experiment. The french have been living on wine and cigarettes for at least a century.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I'd like to see how this guy feels in six months. Food digests slowly, allowing your body to absorb what it needs (and then some if you eat too much). By drinking all his nutrition, he's probably pissing out most of that nutrition because the body just can't process it that quickly. And what about poops?? Your body needs the ruffage and fiber that real food provides to keep the digestive tract healthy.

Maybe he addressed that stuff but I got tired of reading.

kidwithbike

Monkey
Apr 16, 2007
Hoboken, NJ
I cannot believe people are asking for some practically anonymous person on the internet to send them some concoction for them to ingest as their only form of sustenance. idiots.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
MetRx is super expensive and intended as a complex meal replacement for recovery from major surgery. He just happened to realize it also helped repair from strenuous exercise.

When I was in college, I burned a boatload on a crazy good deal they had on 2 cases of MetRx bars. It was the healthiest I've ever been in my life. Quite literally, any cuts or injuries healed quicker and I recovered from exercise stress drastically quicker.

That being said, not even that brilliant scientist would tell you to eat just his bars all day every day. They are a supplement.

Wife is going through the Dietetics program now and will getting a masters. The things I'm learning about what roughage does to help your body do everything else is really critical.

Severe intestinal disorders are triggered and amplified by simple nutrient diets b/c of what you referred occuring through the process of digestion.