Quantcast

Fuck Zuck

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
I really can’t overstate my contempt for Mark Z and fuckbook. It has done so much damage, amd completely unnecessarily. It could have just been a neutral place but for the greed of this cunt. Now it has been one of the key drivers in literally corroded society and destroying a consensual reality. I uureally think in an alternative timeline where soc med was started by someone who was not a lecherous fratboy with no morals, the world would be a significantly better place. Fuckerberg deserves jail or worse. Anyway, hopefully the end might be on sight. Even capitalism magazine is turning their back:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i saw he posted some drivel in response to the testimony, "we didn't set out to create.,," no shit of course you didn't set out to create it, but yet here we are.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
i saw he posted some drivel in response to the testimony, "we didn't set out to create.,," no shit of course you didn't set out to create it, but yet here we are.
‘We didn’t set out to create..[division, misinformation, hatred] but we saw that it made money, so we just went with it. *shrug*. The externalised cost here is a functional society. I think, even using capitalism’s own highly insufficient accounting, the economic value he has destroyed for others should be enough to hoist him up on.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
‘We didn’t set out to create..[division, misinformation, hatred] but we saw that it made money, so we just went with it. *shrug*. The externalised cost here is a functional society. I think, even using capitalism’s own highly insufficient accounting, the economic value he has destroyed for others should be enough to hoist him up on.
the shareholders disagree.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
They also generate a lot of ad revenue.

From what I see, it is lots of ad revenue from Huel, Shen Yun, and some fancy wall mounted exercises machine.

I’m slowly deleting my FB contacts and removing all my content.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
that's internal company code for "shred everything" isn't it?
maybe in tinfoil land. that's what's called a legal hold, and is required when a company is subject to pending legal action or regulatory investigation. it sounds scary, but is pretty mundane. i've gotten them at my job before.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
yes, but there are still companies out there that would do that. in my industry, rules regarding document retention are actually required by federal law.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
maybe in tinfoil land. that's what's called a legal hold, and is required when a company is subject to pending legal action or regulatory investigation. it sounds scary, but is pretty mundane. i've gotten them at my job before.
When I worked with lawyers at GE they couldn't received emails or voice mails because they let their inboxes fill up. The would only communicate verbally until they had to issue a formal document so no real paper trails would ever lead to them.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
When I worked with lawyers at GE they couldn't received emails or voice mails because they let their inboxes fill up. The would only communicate verbally until they had to issue a formal document so no real paper trails would ever lead to them.
i never said there weren't ways around it. can't retain a document that doesn't exist.

edit: some orgs are able to work to counter that; for instance, there are ways to set up the email servers and backups to prevent an inbox from ever getting full (at least for active employees).

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
The would only communicate verbally until they had to issue a formal document so no real paper trails would ever lead to them.
This is pretty much how the local city council (my landlord) operates when dealing with my business..... Anything not in a recorded format has a 50/50 chance of being deliberately misleading in my experience with them.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
Wasn't big tobacco legal defense hand them so much paperwork that they can't possibly read through and find anything because it's just too much to go through?