Quantcast

Ft. Duffield Question

miragebass

Chimp
Oct 9, 2008
So I'm having some trouble finding general info about the DH stuff at Ft. Duffield. Any of you KY guys know if it is open year round/if it is shuttle-able? a few of us from Ohio were hoping to hit Windrock this Saturday but they are getting snowed on pretty hard right now and are supposed to get more on Friday. But, since we'll already be in the Cincinnati area, we'd just like to go somewhere to ride.

Should stay frozen on Saturday in West point, and it doesn't look like they'll get much (if any) snow the rest of this week.

Any info is appreciated, thanks all!

DHPeteinSC

Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
In the KY (jelly) E-town
Duffield is open year round and if you make it out early in the day, it should still be frozen. Shuttles are kinda hit-n-miss right now, but if the gate is open you are welcome to do so. Lots of new stuff goin on out there but the old DH trail and jump line are still good to go. I know a few guys that may be out this weekend, shoot me a PM and Ill try to get you hooked up!

miragebass

Chimp
Oct 9, 2008
Okay, thanks. I've heard the hike there is pretty easy if the shuttle road isn't open.

Don't know if we'll be going. We're going to be visiting a friend in Cinci and we're considering just riding some Super-D runs at a local place by him called Tower Park. We may do that but we're not sure becasue they may get a bit a snow there tomorrow. So I guess for the most part, we're just playing it by ear.

Do they usually ride there in the afternoons? We might ride the local place a bit in the morning then head down there or something.

ncrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
Los Angeles
Do they usually ride there in the afternoons? We might ride the local place a bit in the morning then head down there or something.
Lately nobody but me has been riding there. I get there really early when everyone is still hungover and the soil is frozen. BY 11am the soil thaws and the mud gets crazy. Your wheels will lockup kind of mud. I'll be out there this weekend real early, but I might just be working on some new rock gardens. Honestly, I wouldn't drive from cinci to ride Duff right now. Your welcome to, but i wouldn't.

DHPeteinSC

Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
In the KY (jelly) E-town
Okay, thanks. I've heard the hike there is pretty easy if the shuttle road isn't open.

Don't know if we'll be going. We're going to be visiting a friend in Cinci and we're considering just riding some Super-D runs at a local place by him called Tower Park. We may do that but we're not sure becasue they may get a bit a snow there tomorrow. So I guess for the most part, we're just playing it by ear.

As long as its not muddy, Tower Park is a blast :thumb: You guys gonna do the ETSU race in April?

miragebass

Chimp
Oct 9, 2008
Thanks for the honesty there NCrider. Saves us a drive! Also, clear some of your PMs. I tried to reply to your message and it says your PM space is full.

It's supposed to be pretty cold in Cinci saturday so I think Tower will be good. We may also do East fork in the early morning depending how ambitious we feel.

And I don't know what the ETSU race is. I'm from Akron, I'm just visiting my friend (who also rides) there in Cinci this weekend.