Quantcast

FSA K-Force DH Carbon Bar

Discostu

Monkey
Nov 15, 2003
So I need a new handlebar for my hardtail because I switched it to a 31.8mm stem. On my Turner DHR I currently have an FSA DH-400 bar (400g), and I was considering just swapping that bar to my hardtail, then putting a FSA carbon DH bar on my DHR to save some weight (170g). Either that or I would pick up a FR-270 bar for the HT and leave the DH-400 on my DHR. (I'm going with all FSA by the way)

Anyway, what are people's experiences with carbon DH bars in general. I had a Profile carbon riser for a long time on an old Jamis with no problems, but I've also seen 2 brand new Easton XC carbon bars snap under normal xc riding. Can I be confident with a carbon bar for DH racing? When should it be replaced?

Thanks alot.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
The K-force.
I know some people are really afraid of carbon. I think it has it's place, I just don't put it on a bike that I'm going to be jumping/crashing/dropping.

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
I don't even realized that I'm running the FSA K Force carbon DH bar unless I look at the scracthes the tie downs left on the bar.. So far so good.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Discostu said:
So I need a new handlebar for my hardtail because I switched it to a 31.8mm stem. On my Turner DHR I currently have an FSA DH-400 bar (400g), and I was considering just swapping that bar to my hardtail, then putting a FSA carbon DH bar on my DHR to save some weight (170g). Either that or I would pick up a FR-270 bar for the HT and leave the DH-400 on my DHR. (I'm going with all FSA by the way)

Anyway, what are people's experiences with carbon DH bars in general. I had a Profile carbon riser for a long time on an old Jamis with no problems, but I've also seen 2 brand new Easton XC carbon bars snap under normal xc riding. Can I be confident with a carbon bar for DH racing? When should it be replaced?

Thanks alot.
btw... K-force XC is 170
K-force DH is 230

http://www.fullspeedahead.com/fly.aspx?layout=product&taxid=69&pid=170

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
NotQuiteJdm said:
Hate to hijack but what's a good light none carbon DH/FR bar?
Can't go wrong with a protaper. 250g
Also, Azonic has a new Scandium bar that looks promising. Available in reg and oversized. I'll let you know the weight when I get mine.