Quantcast

Friggin Punks

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
So there's a semi-riot a-brewin outside my apartment with bottles going through windows and car windows being smashed.

My car better not get touched or I'll, I'll....sh*t....

I gotta move.

The cops should be here any minute.....sh*t.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Oh, I would...for sure. But they were rented. I wish I had a water cannon mounted on my balcony. Full of chemical castration juice... that would learn 'em.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
I thought the extent of crime in Canadia consisted of not saying eh at the end of every sentence?
That and buying drinks for indians at the bar.

I have no idea why, how, or if it is still illegal, but my uncle's brother was arrested and put in jail in Canada for buying a drink for an indian.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
That and buying drinks for indians at the bar.

I have no idea why, how, or if it is still illegal, but my uncle's brother was arrested and put in jail in Canada for buying a drink for an indian.

My buddy Jason slapped an Indian in the face with a slice of pizza. I don't think it was particularly illegal but it was reason enough for the Indian guy and his two brothers to kick the crap out of him.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
My buddy Jason slapped an Indian in the face with a slice of pizza. I don't think it was particularly illegal but it was reason enough for the Indian guy and his two brothers to kick the crap out of him.
Maybe the indian gave him the slice of pizza, and then decided he wanted it back.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Well, I called the cops and went outside to see if my car was alright.

The punks moved down the block in the direction of my car. I see an army of riot police arriving and march right past where the punks had turned and run. I had told the cop on the phone where they had gone, they seemed to have no idea. I guess the "comm system" is a little slow... So I say to the lead cop "They went that way" and pointed to a fire in a dumpster. He looked over, and kept on going the wrong way. Awesome.

Anyhoo, the punks threw bottles through a few shop windows, smashed a few car windows, made noise, moved some dumpsters, set a couple small fires... Way ta get the message across.

I'm sure you're all wondering...yes, my car is fine.

Sorry, no pics. Camera was in the car, and I'm too lazy.

Friggin punks.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Watching the shopkeepers board up their windows really makes my want to give those punks my spare change.

Friggin punks.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20070316.wmontclash0316/BNStory/National/home

Montreal police arrest 15 at demonstration
JONATHAN MONTPETIT AND NELSON WYATT

Canadian Press

MONTREAL — Fifteen people were arrested late Thursday after an annual clash between police and demonstrators protesting police brutality.

Four people will face arson charges, one will be charged with assaulting a police officer, one with mischief and nine with illegal assembly, said Sgt. Ian Lafreniere of the Montreal police. Six of those arrested are minors.

A McDonald's restaurant was damaged and other stores were vandalized with graffiti during the melee as passers-by looked on in confusion.

“We don't know the numbers yet but we're talking about numerous vehicles and businesses that were damaged,” said Sgt. Ian Lafreniere of the Montreal police.

The demonstration against police brutality has happened every year for several years and always ends in arrests.

Police were well-prepared for trouble Thursday, with several vans full of riot-squad officers standing by.

“Unfortunately that protest each year involves mischief and people (being) apprehended,” Sgt. Lafreniere said. “Last year it was 33 people that were apprehended and it's so sad and unfortunate each year you end up that way.”

On Thursday, protesters gathered in Montreal's west end where they spread debris across a road before riot-equipped officers moved in.

Police followed demonstrators into a nearby subway — in some cases with helmeted officers standing several ranks deep on the platform as the crowd awaited a train.

But when the mob arrived in the downtown east end, the trouble broke out.

“The rules of the protest were clear but we observed some mischief,” said Const. Olivier Lapointe of the Montreal police as police engaged in a cat-and-mouse chase with stragglers.

Const. Lapointe said several windows were broken and a number of trash fires were set. At least one police vehicle was damaged and dumpsters and wood were dragged into the middle of the street by some hooligans.

Police moved into the area in force and charged after some protesters for several hours to round them up.