Quantcast

Friend's sweet new ride

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
a local builder/rider out here got himself a new hardtail. i'd never heard of the company before, SOUL CYCLES, but it seems to be pretty rad with a geometry very similar to an EVIL Imperial.

price is pretty reasonable too from what i hear.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
Originally posted by Ronny Grady
That rig looks sweet, so does that drop/ step up, fun fun fun
the drop is pretty fun but it needs some work, the tranny is pretty tech and sketchy. as soon as you land you're shooting right up the hip. i left a nice helmet indention in the clay on that one:D

wernma

Chimp
Sep 29, 2001
I have been curious about these frames. Is the geometry so slack that it is more suited torward dirt jumping or could it also make a good trail bike? Thanks.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
i have been corresponding with the guys at soul bikes and they are cool as hell. i actually picked up a sponsorship from them and i am going to be ordering my titan frame friday. of course i wont be able to ride it for a while but im stoked.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Originally posted by biggins
i have been corresponding with the guys at soul bikes and they are cool as hell. i actually picked up a sponsorship from them and i am going to be ordering my titan frame friday. of course i wont be able to ride it for a while but im stoked.
Are you really biggins? That's sweet! I got sponsored by them too. Thinking of ordering my Titan at the end of this week also. I'll post some pics of it when I get it. I've been corresponding with them for the past few weeks and they're real cool. Apparently they're selling some frames that have blemishes/small paint chips to members for CHEAP!!!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Originally posted by mtnbkr4235
Are you really biggins? That's sweet! I got sponsored by them too. Thinking of ordering my Titan at the end of this week also. I'll post some pics of it when I get it. I've been corresponding with them for the past few weeks and they're real cool. Apparently they're selling some frames that have blemishes/small paint chips to members for CHEAP!!!
In this instance what does "sponsored" really mean? Are they giving you a bike? A frame? or just a sponosored rider deal?

Sponsored means so many different things it is hard to keep track of it all.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Originally posted by stuntmatty
Aluminum or steel?
I'm pretty sure their rigs are all Aluminum.

The Titan seems to take inspiration from an Evil Imperial, although geometry is slightly different

And their other current frame sorta reminds me of a Surly 1X1/Santa Cruz Chameleon inspired type of hardtail.

Very low prices though - and if quality is good - a real bargain.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Originally posted by MMcG
In this instance what does "sponsored" really mean? Are they giving you a bike? A frame? or just a sponosored rider deal?

Sponsored means so many different things it is hard to keep track of it all.
responding to my own post because I'm interested in learning more about all the various levels of "sponsorship"

Evel Monkey

Monkey
Oct 28, 2003
PNW
I believe he is asking for the difference between the levels of sponsorship.

Just ideas:

Paid (equipment provided + pay)
Full ride (equipment provided)
"Partial" sponsorship (equipment at nice discounts)

I dunno.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Originally posted by Evel Monkey
I believe he is asking for the difference between the levels of sponsorship.

Just ideas:

Paid (equipment provided + pay)
Full ride (equipment provided)
"Partial" sponsorship (equipment at nice discounts)

I dunno.
well, their page says....

--------------------------------------

WHAT IT GETS YOU
Everything at a discount. Not only will you receive a discount on Soul Cycles bike parts and clothing, but you will also receive a discount on any required part needed to build up that bike. We are a licensed dealer for Marzocchi, Answer, Truvativ, Shimano, Avid, and a slew of other companies. Think lower prices than anything you have seen advertised.

WHAT ELSE IT GETS YOU
Custom frames engineered and built to your specifications. Whether it is 1 or 50 we can do it. You provide the details. We engineer it and build it. Steel, titanium, or aluminum it's your choice. Painted, podercoated, or raw it's your choice. Custom clothing. Ever wanted your team or crew to have your own clothing line? We can do it, for a lot cheaper than you ever imagined.

-------------------------------------------

They dont really say what you'll actually get, and what the breakdowns are i guess. But from that it sounds like you can get a custom frame with cheap parts and your own clothing line......

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Originally posted by MMcG
Muchos Gracias Oly!:cool: :)
I'm getting the Partial Sponsorship with discounts and stuff. Just sent them a bio and told them how much of a compulsive rider i was and stuff like that and I was in. They didn't even ask for a portfolio or anything. I'm probably going to order my frame this weekend along with a few parts if I decide to pay for that or dh clothes for AngelFire in a few weeks...

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
SOUL BIKSE... these bikes have soul... :p

Marshall H., you should sign up for one! :D ;)

bradical

Monkey
Dec 9, 2003
G-Vegas SC
Looks like the three of us G-Vegas Chitlins will be getting sponsored, becuase james has already talked to them and gotten the OK for it. Me and Pirate still have to send in our applications, but I really like what they're to be doing. They have this thread linked to their site now. They look like they have some nice stuff. I bet they're sellin some bikes now....

Custom clothes.... RESPECT anyone??? :cool:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Originally posted by Cancer Dragon
Looks like the three of us G-Vegas Chitlins will be getting sponsored, becuase james has already talked to them and gotten the OK for it. Me and Pirate still have to send in our applications, but I really like what they're to be doing. They have this thread linked to their site now. They look like they have some nice stuff. I bet they're sellin some bikes now....

Custom clothes.... RESPECT anyone??? :cool:
Will they make you guys custom RESPECT SOUL capes? ;) :p :D