Quantcast

<~+~>Fried Day<~+~>

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Please continue….maybe just have them find that dude that was camping out front, and have them poop on him every day at the same time? I wonder how long it would take him to figure out the timing. 2 days? 10 days?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Wind gusts have to be 40-50 here already. Ride plans, scrubbed. :mad:
If you are feeling silly, karting tomorrow mid-day.

Buddy is doing some thorough stack and reach testing this weekend. Going to a bunch of shops and riding bikes to get fit to determine what feels good or not, and what is too big. And the same for dad, since it will phase over to him once kids grows out of it quickly.

Basic numbers unfortunately say @Nick's bike is too large for both him and the Bay Area trails he'll be riding as a lightweight 13y/o. @Full Trucker's bike is still on the list, but need to confirm fit.

What comes next is the question about a 13y/o in Oakland rolling a Yeti. It will be a trails-only bike, so no riding it to his buddy's house to hang out or to school. But we have to have a serious sit down and teaching around having things like nice bikes in Oakland. They live in a nicer area (Rockridge) and will be riding up the hill to the trails (Montclair to Oakland Hills), so staying in nice areas, but he still needs a real fast and real serious learning curve.

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
i would treat them like biden supporters if i worked in a office setting....like a old man with a pile of shit in his pants....
I'm skeptical about the existence of actual Biden supporters. As in, no-holds-barred, enthusiastically supportive. They're kinda like Bigfoot; people swear that they've seen them, but until I see one myself, I have my doubts.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Sigh... Was hoping to ride the donkey bike through town on the winding paths, but of course it has to piss rain and snow all day. :disgust:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
I'm skeptical about the existence of actual Biden supporters. As in, no-holds-barred, enthusiastically supportive. They're kinda like Bigfoot; people swear that they've seen them, but until I see one myself, I have my doubts.
Everyone was a little tepid. And still are. But I'll take a boring guy that seems to be doing an effective job over a bombastic, disastrous blowhard with irrational support any day.
I don't think anyone, anyone "swears that they have seen them". But the election was proof.

Last edited:

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
Everyone was a little tepid. And still are. But I'll take a boring guy that seems to be doing an effective job over a bombastic, disastrous blowhard with irrational support any day.
I don't think anyone, anyone "swears that they have seen them". But the election was proof.
I was being hyperbolic. My whole point was that nobody enjoys die-hard support (as misguided as it is) like Trump.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
It is almost like a president shouldn't be worshiped.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I was being hyperbolic. My whole point was that nobody enjoys die-hard support (as misguided as it is) like Trump.
And those that bend the knee to one guy seem to think everyone who doesn't has bent the knee for the other guy. Because a black and white world is easier to understand for simple minds.

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
It is almost like a president shouldn't be worshiped.
I'm certainly not suggesting otherwise.

And those that bend the knee to one guy seem to think everyone who doesn't has bent the knee for the other guy. Because a black and white world is easier to understand for simple minds.
They may very well be the case. I'm not exactly a fan of Trump supporters, especially the enthusiastic ones.

For the record, I'm not advocating for any particular position. Just making an unsolicited observation about the "ZOMG, he's Jesus Returned!" fervor of the Trump supporters vs. the "Meh, he's better than the other guy" sentiment of the Biden supporters.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Similarly:

I assume he's just busy but @Serial Midget has yet to reply to an email and a text re: road biking YNP in the shoulder season next month.

I guess I'll have to actually call him if I can remember how to do that...

TMI: He was dealing with prostate issues last I heard, but we've lost touch during Covid end times and my Google fu has been unsuccessful on conjuring up any beta from the Falls of Greatness.

Godspeed you fun-tired former shoe salesman.
And the voicemail box is not set up, which sounds vaguely familiar as the midge was a moderate Luddite.
1680289154754.png

1680289091556.png

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Curious example. Possibly the finest moral character of any modern (or any?) President, but also ineffective, ultimately. Shackled by opposition.
from the recent ex presidents.....

carter....building houses for habitat for humanity

bush senior.....already rich

clintons......whored out/sold out

shrub.....daddies money

obama.....chasing a dollar where he can find it

trump......rich

biden.....for sale since the 70's

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Gotta love someone sending a large financial report for review and approval that has a bank deadline of today. They somehow expect I’ll just review and approve it in 5 minutes. Thanks.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
from the recent ex presidents.....

carter....building houses for habitat for humanity

bush senior.....already rich

clintons......whored out/sold out

shrub.....daddies money

obama.....chasing a dollar where he can find it

trump......rich

biden.....for sale since the 70's

What's the common theme here?

$$$$$$$

Which sadly puts majority of politicians out of touch with the people who they are supposed to represent.

Heck for the local forms of government and offices here, I am pretty sure that you don't even need to live in or be from the area that you want the privilege of representing.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Obama basically got wealthy from book sales and public speaking, according to his tax returns.
Has he ever been accused by anyone of graft, grift, or whatever?
Not that I recall.
never confused him with a public servant either....or the second coming

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
I don’t think that he ever saw himself that way, either.

But being the first black President, in a country that established much of its early wealth on the backs of slaves…well, that was fucking HUGE.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Have you tried plugging it back in?
It might not work even if I do that. It flickered in and out a bunch of times before staying off. Hopefully no damage to anything.

Annoyingly I was about to do an indoors ride because can't ride outdoors today. Can't do that now either.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Similarly:

I assume he's just busy but @Serial Midget has yet to reply to an email and a text re: road biking YNP in the shoulder season next month.

I guess I'll have to actually call him if I can remember how to do that...

TMI: He was dealing with prostate issues last I heard, but we've lost touch during Covid end times and my Google fu has been unsuccessful on conjuring up any beta from the Falls of Greatness.

Godspeed you fun-tired former shoe salesman.
I was thinking it had been a while since I had seen a post form @Serial Midget too!!!!