Quantcast

***friderp GMT***

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
6 in one shop?

Did someone setup a trap with a shiney bitcoin for bait or something?
there were three that i could see....that white one....a red one....a blue or black one visible in a side lot....others in the back i think...

their drivers are the eqivalent of men who can't park a pickup...

Last edited:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
At work. Feel pretty decent actually.

work is still a fucking shit show. Two people quit this week. Both with 20k+ pay raises and WFH 100%. My boss still is stuck in the old mentality that employees need to be here to be working and than he can get functioning adults for $35-40k for csr work. Not sure he will ever figure this out.
Perhaps he'll figure it out at the point EVERYONE has quit and he has to do that CSR work himself. :busted:

<snip> Low carb tortilla

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Riding 18 road today. Tomorrow we'll go to GJ for Cinco de Mayo and get some authentic food. After that probably taking the 50 towards you. ;) ;)
Nice nice. I'm walking up a snow covered hill with the intent of sliding back down for the better part of Sunday, but if you'll be in this zone for a bit let's try and get a ride and/or beverage together.

It's weird being the only QA guy in a 25 year old company that's never had a QA guy before. But everyone is welcome to the idea and are happy "somebody is finally doing that shit". I still feel like I'm in way over my head, but fake it until you make it, right?
I feel this. I'm the 2nd UX guy in a 50+ year old company that's never had UX people before. So far, it's going well and the dev teams are embracing having UX on board and seeing the value. But I've also worked for a really old company that had never had UX people and it didn't go as smoothly.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Nice nice. I'm walking up a snow covered hill with the intent of sliding back down for the better part of Sunday, but if you'll be in this zone for a bit let's try and get a ride and/or beverage together.

I feel this. I'm the 2nd UX guy in a 50+ year old company that's never had UX people before. So far, it's going well and the dev teams are embracing having UX on board and seeing the value. But I've also worked for a really old company that had never had UX people and it didn't go as smoothly.
That was my last gig. "Dave" had been with the company as a "tester" for 20 years and who the hell was I to ask him to document what he actually did each day. :rofl:

"Tested stuff" is insufficient documentation IMO and is hard to replicate when an issue is found.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Hey @Jozz you have a look at this post for some Salida/BV area recommendations. Actually I just PM'ed it to you with updated beta now that I live here.
Thanks for that. But plans might have changed. Seems I might have fucked up my already fucked up knee. Bookcliffs ride was seriously cut short. We'll see how things evolve tomorrow.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Saw that Fugazi's "In On The Kill Taker" was released on Limited Edition CRYSTAL VELLUM Vinyl today, so I had to give that a listen. Now enjoying the ever living shit out of "Fugazi Radio" on Spotify.

CC: @stevew

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Is there a corporate email reply version of “Light, cheap, and strong. Pick two”?

I’m thinking detailed/fast/accurate seem to be the “pick two” options

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Been fighting weeds all day with special focus on Spanish Blue Bells. Effort from last year has paid off. It turned out to be a good way too spend a very cold windy. Must have been low 40s wind chill today.

I think I will drive up north and ride a nice but flat trail system that runs along the coast.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Is there a corporate email reply version of “Light, cheap, and strong. Pick two”?

I’m thinking detailed/fast/accurate seem to be the “pick two” options
My company constantly shoots for cheap, reliable and feature rich for everything we buy. We usually end up with something, expensive, unreliable with a bunch of unusable features. Every time I remind management of this folly I am told we will execute better this time.

(we never do)

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
My company constantly shoots for cheap, reliable and feature rich for everything we buy. We usually end up with something, expensive, unreliable with a bunch of unusable features. Every time I remind management of this folly I am told we will execute better this time.

(we never do)
"I'm an EXPERT on this subject. You should go with option X or Y. Here is why. These really are your best options. Option Q is the cheapest, but it is by far the WORST choice. Here is why."

....a few moments later....

"ok Jim, we're going with option Q!"

:brow:

:banghead:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
If bad things come in threes, the third can FO.

Had a stud snap as I was removing a lug nut to swap the car the to summer wheels. Then my wife got bitten by a dog as we were stopped to let them past on the trail.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
"I'm an EXPERT on this subject. You should go with option X or Y. Here is why. These really are your best options. Option Q is the cheapest, but it is by far the WORST choice. Here is why."

....a few moments later....

"ok Jim, we're going with option Q!"

:brow:

:banghead:
Ok, now I think you work for my customers…I work for the stodgy old expensive company that generally makes detrimentally reliable gear…

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Ha.

They FO while I was checking on my wife and wiping off the wound with an alcohol wipe.
Boo! File a police report? I seriously regret not filing a report when I got bitten by a neighbor's dog. Apparently half a year later the dog bit a small child .... "but he never did this before".... :mad: