Quantcast

Fresh Coat.....

Ian Collins

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Pacific Beach, San Diego, CA
What is the story with the 5th Element?

Bike looks great and I like the hammock in the back year.
the hammock was the best $70 i've ever spent........popped it in between the clothes line the day i moved in there.....

as far as the 5th.....a good friend of mine used to work for progressive and set me up with this shock.....he's actually sending me another one with a different tune to try out.....it's been cool to play around with, and the shock rides amazingly well much to my surprise......i was skeptical, but what convinced me to put one on MY bike was riding HIS bike(with a 5th) for a run then getting back on MY bike(with a DHX) .....After that, I literally could barely ride my own bike.....it felt wallowy and unstable, just not very grounded.....

if you're curious at all, do a search and check out the extensive thread on the 5th's.....you can snag one online for like $75 and play around with customizing them yourself....if those shocks are truly set up correct they work really well....

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Looks awesome! Please don't fck it up by adding any white components (bars, stem, cranks etc...).

White bikes are sweet, just don't over-do it!

70 bucks for a hammock is a rip-off!

Bikerpunk241

Monkey
Sep 28, 2001
Anyone know where I could get mounting hardware for a 5th? Specifically to fit a new demo 8? Would it work with the mounting hardware specialized has incorporated?

Ian Collins

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Looks awesome! Please don't fck it up by adding any white components (bars, stem, cranks etc...).

White bikes are sweet, just don't over-do it!

70 bucks for a hammock is a rip-off!
oh i won't.....i could see how it would look lame if i put white codes, or white LG1 plastics on there, so.....everything else will be black.....

as for the hammock.....70 bucks is sort of a ripoff, but it came with a built in pillow....c'mon!!!

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
the hammock was the best $70 i've ever spent........popped it in between the clothes line the day i moved in there.....

as far as the 5th.....a good friend of mine used to work for progressive and set me up with this shock.....he's actually sending me another one with a different tune to try out.....it's been cool to play around with, and the shock rides amazingly well much to my surprise......i was skeptical, but what convinced me to put one on MY bike was riding HIS bike(with a 5th) for a run then getting back on MY bike(with a DHX) .....After that, I literally could barely ride my own bike.....it felt wallowy and unstable, just not very grounded.....

if you're curious at all, do a search and check out the extensive thread on the 5th's.....you can snag one online for like $75 and play around with customizing them yourself....if those shocks are truly set up correct they work really well....
You don't have to convince me I have a Sunday tuned Swinger that works really really good on my Sunday. I just need a softer spring and I could end up riding that in stead of my DHX. As you wrote it feels really stable and less wallowy.

hucked2bend

Monkey
May 24, 2005
Bend, Oregon
Damn, white does look nice! I am just about done building mine, which is raw. Was going to do bright, Kawasaki green to match my RFX, but may jock your style & go white?

Ian Collins

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
butch, i thought about polished, but that may be a little too loud(even for me).....plus i've had polished frames and let me tell you, at that point, i should have bought stock in mother's aluminum polish......it was a bitch to keep up!