Quantcast

Fox v3 helmet?

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
My lbs is giving me an outrageous deal on their last v3 helmet in stock. It just happens to fit me. I'm just a little worried about the slightly heavier than a normal dh helmet weight. Any one have any experience with the helmet? Thanks

DsDhBxracer13

Monkey
Feb 18, 2004
Burlington, Vermont
Took a spill in May in a TLD D2 and knocked myself out for 30 minutes, got back boarded of the mountain and rushed to the hospital, and ended up with a load of medical bills. My D2 was in pretty rough shape, and I decided to go for a moto helmet this time around. Got a 08 V3 for $150 on ebay and love the thing. Don't notice the extra weight at all, and I've got a big head. I wear an XL and it doesn't bother me at all. I'll never go back to a lightweight full face again.

CountryBoy

Monkey
Nov 10, 2008
Reno, NV
My brother, me and my friends all use the V3 and don't notice any extra weight. WE all run leatts too and they work fine. For sure one of the best breathing and lightest moto helmets out there.

They are 2.9lbs. which is one of the lightest if not the lightest moto helmets,James Stewart helped to develope it so you would expect it not to be rubbish. You will not notice the weight you will notice the comfort and the pad kit comes out and in very easily so keeping it clean is not a chore. I have a alpinestars brace and it gets on well with it. I dont think you will be dissappointed.

Last edited:
And the vent system is IMO better than most other helmets and I have had everything moto and DH Troy Lee Designs has ever made as well as the T.H.E. one. I will say the new Troy Lee air helmets are very nice and on par with the weight of the Fox.

nolson450

Chimp
May 26, 2009
I work for Fox, and be on the lookout for a new all Carbon Fiber V3 by mid october! 1150 grams, or 2.5 pounds. Two colorways, an all carbon Fox/Monster themed Carmicheal edition, and a carbon white gold edition. Retail will be $425. I have had many friends get their bell rung in a D2 over the years, especially in BMX. This new Carbon V3 is still DOT and Snell approved and will be the top of the food chain for a DHer!

huntandride

Chimp
Feb 16, 2009
Reno
I work for Fox, and be on the lookout for a new all Carbon Fiber V3 by mid october! 1150 grams, or 2.5 pounds. Two colorways, an all carbon Fox/Monster themed Carmicheal edition, and a carbon white gold edition. Retail will be $425. I have had many friends get their bell rung in a D2 over the years, especially in BMX. This new Carbon V3 is still DOT and Snell approved and will be the top of the food chain for a DHer!
Being a current V3 owner i love the helmet. This sounds like a sweet upgrade. Stupid light for a mx lid.

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
Stop with the color-ways.

Colors

color options

Color ways is wrong, even in the UK its evil, and not in a good way.

"What colorways are there on theses forks" - >>BOOOM<<

Rant^3

Thiago

Chimp
Mar 15, 2004
House
Having an optmistic view over MX lids I wouldn't say it's heavy. But the sooner you try a bike lid again you'll feel the difference.

2hunny

Chimp
Jul 20, 2009
If you guys are looking for the most badass helmet on the mtn.. look no further then here.

this helmet is the lightest MX helmet out there weighing in at 1 pound. The only downside is that you cant buy them in the U.S. :( i got mine for 450 bucks including shipping from http://www.dirtbikebitz.com/