Quantcast

Fox Float problem...

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
So the rebound knob on my Float 140 RLC is not working anymore. It clicks still, but spins without stopping and the fork seems to be stuck on full fast or thereabouts.

I hadn't used the bike in several months, brought it out a few days ago, fiddled with the knobs; the rebound knob seemed to be stuck. So I cycled the fork a few times, fiddled with it a bit and it moved. I don't think I put enough force to break anything (it shouldn't have been at the edge of its adjustment range anyway...), but don't know what happened.

Anyone ever see this? I'm trying to fix this cheaply....

Racebike

Monkey
Jul 28, 2008
Sweden
How much force did you put on the adjuster?

On a Fox fork, getting the adjuster stuck in such a manner is not unheard of, but usually it happens when the topcap assembly is taken off/put on.

Have you taken the cap off since this occured?

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
I hadn't touched the fork since I last used it (and the adjusters were all working fine as far as I remember), but took the rebound knob off after it wouldn't spin. Last night I also took off the other knobs and the top cap to see if I could see if anything was obviously broken (didn't find anything that looked that way). Before last night I had never removed the top cap on the fork. I also cycled the fork several times before and after the knob started moving.

As far as how much force I put on it...can't really be sure. Enough to move it, but I didn't think it was enough to break it. It didn't "snap" when I moved it; just started moving normally. I was thinking maybe some corrosion formed on the adjuster rod and it broke free, but apparently something is broken or out of place now.