Quantcast

Fox Float IFP charge.

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
Working on a 2015 Float CTD Evolution. It says to charge with 500 psi of Nitrogen. In the past I've done RS which said 600psi with their high pressure pump and that red adapter seen in the second pic. For who this shock is for, I think the air will be OK.

My question is how do I fill it up to 500 psi?

Is there an adapter needed? The red one in the Pic was from an older RS I did years ago.

What keeps it as a one way valve? Thanks for any help.

Screenshot_20240427_110816_Chrome.jpg

20240427_111819.jpg

two-one

Monkey
Dec 15, 2013
Eindhoven, the Netherlands
Working on a 2015 Float CTD Evolution. It says to charge with 500 psi of Nitrogen. In the past I've done RS which said 600psi with their high pressure pump and that red adapter seen in the second pic. For who this shock is for, I think the air will be OK.

My question is how do I fill it up to 500 psi?

Is there an adapter needed? The red one in the Pic was from an older RS I did years ago.

What keeps it as a one way valve? Thanks for any help.

View attachment 210982

View attachment 210983
Here's the reason why i stay away from fox shocks... They use rubber plugs to seal the IFP pressure, and you have to get it in there by injecting it with a needle piercing that preloaded rubber plug.
It's a whole thing

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
Here's the reason why i stay away from fox shocks... They use rubber plugs to seal the IFP pressure, and you have to get it in there by injecting it with a needle piercing that preloaded rubber plug.
It's a whole thing
So do I torque the bolt down till it's snug and then fill it with the air? Or do I fill it with air/nitro and then snug it up the rest of the way?

two-one

Monkey
Dec 15, 2013
Eindhoven, the Netherlands
I've got one of these, with a shock pump, but it takes some practice, so you will need some more needles. I think i went with a larger gauge.
You preload the rubber puck (you can slice them from o-ring cord) and puncture it with a needle. After inflating there should only be air escaping from the pump hose. Snug it up from them on.

Leafy

Monkey
Sep 13, 2019
I've got one of these, with a shock pump, but it takes some practice, so you will need some more needles. I think i went with a larger gauge.
You preload the rubber puck (you can slice them from o-ring cord) and puncture it with a needle. After inflating there should only be air escaping from the pump hose. Snug it up from them on.
I second all of this. Fox wants you to cut a shot in an Allen key so you can tighten and loosen the puck with the needle in, but I never had to do that on this style connection to not leak.

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
I second all of this. Fox wants you to cut a shot in an Allen key so you can tighten and loosen the puck with the needle in, but I never had to do that on this style connection to not leak.
Do you know the diameter of the needle generally used?

Edit-
The hole in the set screw measures .054". So a 1/16" drill (.0625") drill is adequate to drill thru a 5/32" OR 4mm drill.

Last edited: